Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Feasbility? : Canon inkjet cartridge collection


Recommended Posts

Posted

Some years ago (hard to believe) I put out a request for some specific printer cartridges from Canon and HP printers and had a pretty good response, especially from one individual on here (much appreciated by the way :)).

 

... but now, as I'm slowly ducking out of education IT support (something to look forward to for July) I'm now doing a lot more with Inkjet printers that requires a greater influx of original cartridges that virtually no recycling firm will touch, specifically:

  • Canon CLI-521/PGI-520
  • Canon CLI-526/PGI-525 (their latest versions)
  • Canon CLI-221/PGI-220 (The USA equivalent of the 521/520)
  • Canon CLI-226/PGI-225 (USA again)
  • Canon CLI-8/PGI-5 (particularly the CLI-8BK photo black) Although less so than the newer ones now.

 

I appreciate that this could tread slightly over the line into advertising or commercial but the reason for this post isn't to request these cartridges (yet), because, quite frankly, I doubt you're using the related printers in your schools due to the high costs...

 

However I am wondering whether you already have schemes that collect in inkjet cartridges and whether these are already turning up in your collection bins or whether you'd consider them and on what basis.

 

 

A few questions then really..

1. Are you running such schemes?

2. Do you get these sorts of original cartridges (if so, what sort of volumes?)

3. Would you be willing to trawl through your bins to pull out these specific cartridges?

4. What would make it worth yours and/or the schools while?

 

5. Of interest to individuals for their personal/home printers?

 

 

As to point 4, things like freepost to send everything would obviously make sense but as most schemes like this offer some form of cashback or contribution to charity, I'm a complete babe in the woods.

 

So, answers and feedback on a stamped self address electron please...

 

As an aside if an admin/moderator could please advise on any rules, etc... I need to watch out for by PM that'd be appreciated.. Switching from member to more of a business footing means I'm out of my depth...

 

 

 

Oh and just for the record, I have no intention of trying to sell compatible cartridges or offering you all free printers, etc... Those guys drive me nuts too... :hand:

Posted

Oh dear... Sorry about the tumbleweed on this thread... Doesn't exactly look like this is particularly practical then, eh?

 

Ok... plan B...

 

 

 

Suggestions for Plan B?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...