+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Display Changer: Auto Restore Screen Resolution in Links, Downloads and Scripts; I have been looking for a way to force my [preferred] choice of screen resolution at the client end for ...

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries

Display Changer: Auto Restore Screen Resolution

I have been looking for a way to force my [preferred] choice of screen resolution at the client end for some time. This could be the answer?

There is a built-in feature of windows to change resolution of the screen but Display Changer has got something more to do with screen resolutions. With Display Changer you can do a lot of things by changing your screen resolution parameters. It is capable of changing resolution of your own choice by specifying desired parameters which mainly includes width, height, depth, refresh rate, fixed output, rotate and by specifying position includes left,right,top and bottom.

This freeware is worth it if you don’t want to be hassled with changing the resolution of the screen after playing games or using apps which require resolution change. It happens sometimes that the resolution does not roll back to the default after the game has ended or an application closed. I reckon you create a script or batch file first and write the desire resolution parameters in it.

Open folder where you’ve installed Display Changer and include this line of code into batch file. In case you don’t know how to create a batch file, learn the basics here.

dc.exe -dccmd.exe –listmonitors

When executed, it would return the current screen resolution along with refresh rate and monitor type.

You can include this line of code to change the screen resolution with different parameters.

dc.exe -width=640 -height=480 -refresh=60 (more parameters can be added if desired)

But if you need to change the screen resolution for a specific program or a game that requires different resolution. For instance, if you want to run DVDMaker in 640×480 resolution, you will need to insert this line of code into BAT file.

dc.exe -width=640 -height=480 -refresh=60 C:\Program Files\DVD Maker\DVDMaker.exe
    It is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit OS and works brilliantly on Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Vista, Windows XP Home and Professional, Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2008 Server.
    I have tested it on my Windows7 laptop at home and it does NOT work. However before I give up on it I will try it again at work [perhaps it did not recognise my display?] The program errors out as follows:

Link: 12noon: Display Changer

Download link: Display Changer Download

Thank Post
    Hello,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Display Changer. Could you submit a support request at 12noon.com and include the command line you're using? I noticed that the command line in the quoted post (dc.exe -dccmd.exe –listmonitors is incorrect--there's no "-dccmd.exe" switch), so I'd like to make sure you're not basing yours off that one.

Stefan Tucker
    12noon.com

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread