Installation of Webparts
- How to Install .dwp Webparts
- > Go to your Top Level Sharepoint Site
- > Go to "Site Actions" - "Modify All Site Settings" - "Webparts"
- > Click on "upload" - "New Document"
- > Browse to .dwp file
- > Then Click on Upload
- How to Install .wsp Webparts
- > Unzip the content (most .wsp's are supplied as a zip archive)
- > Create a batch file in the same folder as your extracted zip
- > Copy/Paste the command... "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe" -o addsolution -filename insertnamehere.wsp
- > Run batch (elevated if Server 08)
- > Go to Sharepoint Central Admin
- > Operations > Solutions
- > Find your uploaded .wsp, and click deploy (NB: this will usually do an IIS reset so dont do it when Sharepoint is being used - users will get a 500 Error!)