EduGeek Community Teaching Staff AUP
Staff Acceptable Use Policy
- I understand that I must not disclose any password or login name to anyone, other than the persons responsible for running and maintaining the system.
- I understand that I must not allow any student to use my personal login to any of the ICT systems for ANY reason.
- I understand that pupils must not be allowed to use STAFF PCs
- I understand that I must take every reasonable precaution to secure any data or equipment removed from the school premises.
- I understand that equipment taken off site will be my personal responsibility and I am advised to check that its loss or damage is covered by my personal insurance.
- I understand that the School can and will monitor any data on the network to ensure policy compliance, and to aid in resolving networking issues.
- I am aware of all guidelines to conceal student identities when publishing to the public domain
- I understand that students must be supervised at all times when in an ICT suite or on computer equipment
- When arranging use of ICT facilities I will ensure that a staff member is able to monitor pupils at all times
- I have read and understand my role regarding acceptable use and my role in enforcing it
- I will escalate non compliance by students in accordance with school policy
- I will inform a member of the network management staff in writing immediately of any websites accessible from within school I feel are unsuitable in any way for student consumption
- I understand my part in maintaining the accuracy of the filtering system
- I will inform a member of the network management staff in writing immediately of abuse of any ICT system(s) - software and hardware - providing the location and names where possible
- I will inform a member of the network management staff in writing immediately of any inappropriate content suspected to be on the ICT system(s). This may be contained in email, documents, pictures etc.
- I will report any breaches, or attempted breaches, in security to a member of the network management staff in writing immediately
Software, hardware, copyright and licensing
- I will not attempt to install any software or hardware
- Before purchasing any hardware or software I will consult a member of the network management staff to check compatibility, license compliance and discuss any other implications that the purchase may have
- I will respect copyright and make sure I do not use any information breaching copyright law
- Under no circumstances must any software from potentially illegal sources be installed
- I will not engage in activities that waste technical support time and resources.
I agree to abide by the above