RM Education has joined with EduGeek to launch a challenge to see who is the King or Queen of Scripts. The competition coincides with the launch of RM Neon, a new cloud solution from RM Education, designed to revolutionise the way that you manage your school’s IT.
Take the challenge for a chance to win a PS4!
Here is your chance to show off your scripting skills or have a go for the first time. There are 4 categories that you can enter a script for. You can submit as many scripts as you like into as many categories as you want.
The competition closes on 31st March and winners will be announced on 15th April. Qualifying scripts should be written or wrapped in PowerShell version 3.0. The winner in each category will win a Minecraft-themed gift and a year’s subscription of RM Neon. An overall winner will be chosen and they will also win a Sony PlayStation 4.
- Can’t do without it - this is the category for your life-savers and your time-savers – what are the scripts you’d be lost without?
- Because I can – your fun stuff, like the script you used to celebrate Star Wars day by changing the backgrounds of your team’s screens last year
- Who done it? – develop a script or scripts to report ‘which logged in user(s) used which app(s) on what device(s), and when.’
- School hero – this is open to students in full time education. Write a script that could be deployed to improve e-safety in your school/college
How do I enter?
- Create a script in Powershell 3.0 (or at least Powershell wrapped for wsh/vbs scripters) that fits into at least one of the categories above
- Zip the script using your EduGeek username as the file name (e.g. JoeBloggs.zip)
- Read the full terms at this page
- Create a new thread in RM Neon Scripting Challenge submission forum and attach your file along with a few details. Please include your real name, sex, age and region.
If you have any questions please PM the account RM-Neon, ask a question in the scripts submission area (only you and our staff have acess) or email email@example.com.
What is RM Neon?
RM Neon was born out of some research that RM Education undertook to understand how they could help you manage the increasing number of diverse systems and technology that you face today. It is a cloud-hosted solution that enables you to view and manage your IT systems, software, devices and users all through one interface. With RM Neon you can:
- Manage a multitude of different IT systems
- Monitor and compare data from many systems
- Better manage all of your day to day IT tasks
- Access scripts from RM Education and the RM Neon Community
- Get expert advice as and when you need it from other RM Neon users
This exciting new innovation was launched at BETT and will be released on 15th April. If you want to find out more or register to be kept informed, visit www.rmneon.com.