The BETT show is now less than a week away and we here at EduGeek are now in full swing (read - in panic mode) in our preparations as the the start date fast approaches and we think it is time we let you know what we are doing this year.
As with last year we shall be sharing a stand once more with Smoothwall on stand F137 and, as always, have the usual amenities that we make available for all of the tired 'geekers during the show including:
- Free Wi-Fi
- A comfy sofa to allow you to rest your tired feet on
- Free pizza at lunchtimes (12:15 approx - first come, first served!)
- Tokens that can be traded in for a cup of fresh ground coffee on the Stone Computers stand (C102)
- The opportunity to join us for a meal in the evening if you can make it
- We shall also be giving away our highly sought after lanyards, EduGeek badges and for this year only we have some strictly limited edition (and very high quality) thermal mugs celebrating our 1,000,000 posts landmark. If you want one of these you must introduce yourself by your EduGeek name on the stand and ask. That way we know you are for real and have read this!
We shall also be running a raffle to win an awesome Glide Touch PC kindly donated by VeryPC.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of having this amazing machine on your desktop at home is come and visit us to get a ticket and put your EduGeek name in a book so we can let the winner know via PM.
This lovely machine has an i5 Processor, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 802.11 b/g/n wireless and a full 1080p 23" 10 point touch display which will allow you to use Windows 8 to its fullest. We shall also have it on display on the stand if you'd like a better look.
As always, we have an open invitation to any members who want to hook up with us all in the evening and go for a meal. And if you want to know where we are staying (as some of you like to know where you can find us and even stay in the same hotel), we are at the Travelodge Tower Bridge, which is ideal for getting into the center of London and is a mere 15 minutes direct journey to Excel on the DLR station next door.
So come and see us, rest your bones and have a chat. You know you are all more than welcome.
See you there