The web management system allows you to manage your servers anywhere with an Internet connection, and because we know that system administrators like to holiday and keep an eye on their servers, we have also introduced a mobile phone management system, that has been tested on iPhone and Android mobiles, on top of this, in case of an emergency, network monitoring emails and text messages alerts the system administrator if a server or service has gone down.
Karoshi Linux 7 is now modular which allows the system administrator to decide on the servers and modules required, instead of having a default installation, allowing them to be able to choose if they wish to have various module and server combinations, along with choosing which TCP/IP numbers, domain name and server names they wish to have for their system.
We hope that this version of Karoshi Linux will be useful and as usual will be grateful for anyone who will test the system, even if they do not plan to use it, we would also like to hear from you, if you have any ideas or suggestions, email us at: email@example.com
Thanks for everyone who has supported us in the past and the future.
The Karoshi Team.
Quick Guide of whats new:
- Built on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- 64bit and 32bit available
- Modular system - you decide on the servers and modules you require
- Choice of number servers
- Choice of TCP/IP numbers
- Choice of server names
- Choice of domain name
- Wide range of modules available
- - Email, E-Learning, Website, Proxy, Home Access, Web Filtering, Printing....and much more
- Administrate the servers via web management
- Mobile phone web management
- Expand the system with new servers with home areas auto copied
- Network monitoring with E_mail/Text message alerts
What is Karoshi?
In the UK, the majority of schools run a system that allows school administrators to do things such as add users, create windows profiles, change passwords, and the majority of everyday network managing things that schools need within a specially made GUI.
Karoshi does this and more for schools wanting to run Linux based servers.
Karoshi Linux - Linux based OS designed for schools.