This Summer we're rolling out Office 2013 ready for September. We've been using a KMS server like most schools to activate Windows and Office 2010 - these generally have been without issues. With Office 2013 you have to first install the Microsoft Office 2013 Volume License Pack, and this has a nice GUI which has you entering your KMS key for Office 2013 and activating it for you. I did this sometime ago during the various months of testing I've done.
Like Windows activations,
Haven't blogged for a while, but like too when I get one of those 'I didn't realise that' moments.....
We've got a number of Visually Impaired kids here at the school, who make use of the Magnifer built into Windows 7. I've got them in a seperate security group which switches on an extra folder in the Start Menu giving access to the Ease of Access tools. Always thought it worked well, select magnifier and a docked version of the application runs. However, I was informed today that
Monday was the big day for us this week; we've switched over on Friday afternoon to our new fully IP based system consisting of a Splicecom Maximiser 5100 Call Server supporting 118 phones. So far, so good with it all appearing to be working well and recieved well by all staff.
It has however been a long time in planning; with support from the community on here as a whole I felt it only right to detail my experience over the last few months.
I've been fortunate that
So, I've got all the VLAN in place ready for VOIP, just a few tweaks to be done to servers and stuff but nothing major. I'm still trying to nail down the exact QoS configuration but I've put that ball in the court of the supplier for now . I've got a 10 more Switches with PoE on order in places where we don't have the capacity.
Further discussions with the supplier states that the system needs to be able to Multicast, and with the Softphone feature on the desktops PCs it looks
I had one of those moments today; the mist cleared (only slightly) in sorting our network out with a VLAN ready for a VOIP implementation.
The various posts here on Edugeek once again proved valuable, and I'm chuffed to bits that I've got it sorted to a certain point (have yet to tweak various Server gateway addresses).
Next step later on down the line is to start segmenting the next work into logical parts but need a NAT box of somesort to do that correctly.