+ Post New Thread
Yorkshire & Humberside Grid for Learning (YHGfL) Thread, Reverse Proxy issues in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hi Anybody else having reverse proxy issues after the upgrade work this week? I know it was definitely working last ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Reverse Proxy issues

Hi
    Anybody else having reverse proxy issues after the upgrade work this week?
    I know it was definitely working last Friday evening and that nothing has changed internally since then. I have also checked that our domain name host has the correct DNS settings to point to rp???-wak.yhgfl.net and that nothing definitely shows up in our external firewall.

Correct me if I'm wrong but regardless of whether the firewall/web server is working internally at my school (I know it is but for the sake of argument) , I should get:
    1. Type the URL into a standard browser from outside and it will show the untrusted certificate error?
    2. Type the rp???-wak.yhgfl.net into a browser and it will show the Apache "It Works!" text?

If I'm getting nothing that proves there is a problem over at YHGfL? Anybody have theirs working that can confirm what I suggested?

Thank Post
    YHGfL have been relocating their systems since last Friday. Been moving all the proxy / reverse proxy stuff from Pontefract to a new data center in Huddersfield.

Most of our reverse proxy stuff is working again OK, just 1 system not running, which I will report Tuesday if its still not up.

Thank Post
    ok well that is the first time ive heard that. Yhgfl themselves have told me that reverse proxy stuff is working and that my problem must be internal!

Thank Post
    Climo,

Please log it as soon as you can with your LA. In our experience, most RP sites are up that go through Apache, we did though have an issue with the WebDAV sites as they are hosted on an MS box at Scunthorpe and our link was one of the last to swing over to the new grid.

We're expecting to be busy in terms of call volumes on Tuesday as the migrated systems bed in and we experience any teething problems, but please do bear with us.

Regards

Andrew

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread