+ Post New Thread
Yorkshire & Humberside Grid for Learning (YHGfL) Thread, Primary Tech support recommendations North/East Yorks in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); For various reasons I've been asked to look into individuals and/or small companies/co-operative groups who offer tech support at a ...
    Thank Post

Primary Tech support recommendations North/East Yorks

For various reasons I've been asked to look into individuals and/or small companies/co-operative groups who offer tech support at a Primary school level within 30 miles circular area of Goole, East Riding.

I'm after recommendations based on experience, direct contact and preferably with one or more schools willing to provide a reference.

In terms of the services required, obviously tech support on a regular as well as emergency basis and a focus on the schools needs, not the companies profit margins...

In terms of skill-set it's "all round" really with everything from hardware maintenance, sourcing, software installation, RIS installs, AD management and even some limited SIMS exports, etc...

Appreciate this is something of a tall order but if anyone can suggest possibles I'd be immensely grateful...

A certain two letter consultancy are already well known for the area and are not being considered at all

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    For various reasons I've been asked to look into individuals and/or small companies/co-operative groups who offer tech support at a Primary school level within 30 miles circular area of Goole, East Riding.

I'm after recommendations based on experience, direct contact and preferably with one or more schools willing to provide a reference.

In terms of the services required, obviously tech support on a regular as well as emergency basis and a focus on the schools needs, not the companies profit margins...

In terms of skill-set it's "all round" really with everything from hardware maintenance, sourcing, software installation, RIS installs, AD management and even some limited SIMS exports, etc...

Appreciate this is something of a tall order but if anyone can suggest possibles I'd be immensely grateful...

A certain two letter consultancy are already well known for the area and are not being considered at all
    Hello,

This is actually a service that YHGfL are looking to develop. We are investigating the feasibility of YHGfL Support Services giving direct support to schools that don't buy back any support from their LA. As you will no doubt be aware, YHGfL has some highly qualified, vastly experienced staff in the areas of networking and systems with particular skills in Cisco, Microsoft and Linux. This service would primarily be remote, obviously utilising the Grid network, but with the added provision of on site support where it was needed.

To be honest, MIS support is not something we currently get involved in, but we recognise the need to add it to our overall skills set if this endeavour comes to fruition. As a not-for-profit organisation whose main driver is delivering best value for schools, we would be able to price the service so that it would cover costs without the need to make massive margins.

I would be interested in any conclusions you come to in this thread, the sorts of prices that schools are typically charged for a service like this etc.

Best Regards,

Andrew

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread