Guest VLANS + Guest Wifi - Different IP Range, Out to Filtered Internet
In my head I know what I want.... putting it all together I'm not 100% sure on! I will try and expalin as best as I can, and hopefully somebody will guide me in the correct directions.
I would like to setup:-
- Guest WiFi Access for Students to connect their own devices
- Guest Users to be on a totally different IP Range to what the school network runs on, for added security
- Students to be able to authenticate to the WiFi using there Active Directory user names and passwords
- Gain access to the Internet via the Proxy Server, which would sit on the schools IP Range
- Have the one DHCP server, but with two scopes, 1 for 172.16.x.x (School Network) and 1 for 192.168.x.x (Guest Wifi)
It sounds so simple, is all the above possible??.
We have a Smoothwall Proxy Server running G3, Ruckus Wireless, D-Link Smart Switches (DGS-1216T, DGS-1224T, DGS-1248T) - Windows Server 2003 / Active Directory
I have setup a test switch, and have created on it a VLAN for Guests, I have also created a Guest WiFi SSID, and put a tag on it for the Guest VLAN, I have setup a temp DHCP server to fire out IP Address on a different range, and that seems to be working... School WiFi I gte a 172.16.x.x address, Guest WiFi I get a 192.168.x.x address
I obvioulsy need to do something to the uplinks on each switch port for this to work across all switches (I only have it running on 1 test switch at the mo)... I will also need to do something I'm guessing on the port of the switch where the Ruckus ZoneDirector sits?
Would I need to install another Network Card in the DHCP server with an IP Address for the 192.168.x.x, Would I also need another network card in the Smoothwall Server for the 192.168.x.x
How would the Wireless Guests/Students authenticate to the Active Directory if thats on the 172.16 and they will be on the 192.168.x.x
Any hints/tips/guides would be gratefully recieved... I have looked across many forum postin and websites, and whilst some things have been useful alot has been no help in the particular setup