Extricom reset password
Does anyone have any information on how to reset a lost password on an Extricom EXSW2400 switch? I know the IP address and can also connect via console but I can't seem to find any documentation on resetting the switch to its factory default. I know on HP switches you can generally connect a patch cable between ports 1 and 2 and reboot and this will reset but I cannot find any info on Extricom. I do have the Extricom WLAN System Users Guide but there is no mention of this. Any help greatly appreciated.
Just had a word with one of our chaps at Extricom, try the below and this should sort it for you:
To change the web admin password:
- Log in to the switch via the console / serial port or via ssh (putty) to the ip address of the switch
- Username = ‘root’
- Password = ‘octopus’
- At the command prompt type:
o passwd admin [ all lower case ]
- Enter a new password (‘Switch1’ is a good one) & repeat if asked
- Type ‘exit’ on the command prompt to log out.
- User should now be able to log in via the web with user name ‘admin’ and the password just set ‘Switch1’
Hope that helps.
That's brilliant, I'm up and running again.
Hi @CPLTD you dont happen to know the command to restore one of these to factory defaults in the console? Thanks