Disaster Recovery Questions
I am the IT Technician at a school in Merseyside. I am also doing a degree in IT part-time (oh joy!).
I’ve got a few questions on how schools across the UK meet their Disaster Recovery requirements.
If you work as a Network Manager/Technician at a school/college I’d be eternally grateful if you could answer the following questions on Disaster Recovery!
1. What type of establishment is it? (Primary School / High School / College)
2. How many users do you have on all networks?
3. What region is your school situated? (North-West / South-West / North East / South East)
Disaster Recovery (DR) Plans
4. Does the establishment have a DR Plan? (Yes/No)
5. Do you review your DR plans regularly? (never/once/occasionally/often)
6. Do you test your DR plans regularly? (never/once/occasionally/often)
7. How many times have you had to implement your DR plans? (never/once/occasionally/often)
Disaster Recovery Technologies
8. What technologies do you use to protect your data? (Single Tape Drive/Tape Library/Off-site Backups/Disk Backups/Other)
9. How do you protect your most recent backup? (Take Off-site/We Don’t!/Collections/Fire-Proof Safe/Other)
10. How often do you do a full back up your data? (Weekly/Daily/Monthly/Longer)