Laptop wireless networking only works in "safe mode with networking"
I'm tearing my hair out !
(And there's not that much of it.)
I have a set of laptops (used in a school classroom). They connect to the LAN via wireless .. or, at least, they used to.
Specifically: Toshiba SP2100 with D-Link AirPlus G+ wireless PCMCIA cards.
After trying many, many things:
- Boot SP2100 from XP CD (SP2)
- Don't fix any of the driver issues
- Plug wireless card in
- Cancel plug&play
- Install correct driver with d/loaded Setup_v204.exe
- WZC managing wireless connection
- Sees wireless network (WEP) but
- Won't connect automatically (after setup wizard)
- Won't connect manually
- Boot into "safe mode with networking" and wireless works faultlessly
I've got to be missing something really simple.
Please, please can anyone tell me what it is ?