HEADS UP... Cachepilot Bug found.
I use the Error URL feature of our Cachepilot to redirect blocked pages to an IIS box where I 'do stuff' :)
Anyway, kids are back and I have noticed that I’m getting no re-directs. hmmm
I fire up the Cachepilot and notice it's been updated to Release: 3.2.9 (upgraded), so I check my error URL and all looks fine, I take the URL out and put it back in but its not redirecting to my IIS box at all.
What’s worse is that if I take out the URL redirect and leave the standard Cachepilot error page in place it is absolutely horrid, it shows them their IP address and annoyingly has a link back to the Cachepilot limited admin screen where they can play with the Test url-filtering screen – find out what policy is blocking them such as a time restriction etc.
Ok I thought I will redirect them back to our intranet on our local Lan, intranet.school.local
WORST PART OF THE BUG
But the worst bit is if I put a REAL or LOCAL URL in there such as intranet.school.local it appears to break the filtering altogether and NOTHING is filtered... So it’s unfettered access to the internet... SHOCK !!
AND NOW THE PAIN BEGINS
I started ringing ICT Solutions before 8:30, sent an email for someone to ring me ASAP regarding the Cachepilot. Nothing!
I finally got someone by phone at 10am after holding for god knows how long, just to be told that someone will have to call me back. As usual no one has. :censored:
ICT Solutions FFS!!!
If a company is not able to answer the phone for hours and are as SLOW to respond as you always are (except for basics like email password resets) (years of dealing with them) you should not be allowed to operate in this sector IMHO.:getmecoat: