Seems to be set up correctly apart from the fact that it never retrieves pages from the cache. Well that it if its set to the correct setting of retrieve from cache if valid version of objects exist other wise route the request.
If you select retrieve from cache if any version of object exists otherwise route the request then it does retrieve content correctly but unfortunately it never gets updated.
Otherwise everything is working perfectly, Its the demo version of 2006 BTW and this may well be a bug, usually MS gives away beta copies as the demo and they do tend to be flaky at best.
There is a possibility with a corrupt cache file. have seen it with isa 2004 but not yet with 2006. Perhaps you can try to create a new cache file
I have reinstalled the server, noticed a few things I got wrong.
I have also noticed that the cache drive is sometimes unavailable. When this is fixed it still does not serve cached pages though, unless the serve anything in cache box is ticked.
I'm continuing to test it this am. This is the demo, but it should work!
Ok I think its fixed,
The problem was with the web chaining settings. Looked at it, thought it was not quite right, changed the to networks to all networks and a couple of other check boxes and now it "appears" to work.
I'm off to Amazon to buy a ISA book so that I can work out what I did right. :doh: