Cheers ICTNUT, it looks quality.
Cheers ICTNUT, it looks quality.
Yes wack code into file and give it .php extension and yes need web server with php installed on it.
Dont have a PHP server. :( :p
Just trying to get 'my little server monitor' working.
Nout but problems thus far. :(
Can anyone help with this?
Ive given it a ananomous account that SSPR uses for password changes, which is near to domain admin access. Ive set the directory that the MLSM is in to have that login as full access.
Ive disabled AD auth in IIS and set the 'enable parent paths'.
But the main page for the site just spends ages on 'checking servers'. and the admin page doesnt display at all!?
Can i suggest that you hang off until tonight when I release the new version which has a great deal of checking enhancements.
Once you have this you should see it alot easier to get up and running.
Booman - google and download "Uniform server"..it's a WAMP package that does PHP out of the box, and is totally portable. I'm running it from my pen drive with the server script (just testing)
Ok here is what we have in this update v1.2:
- The main display page has been re-worked so that initially a ping is done simply to verify that the checked item responds.
- The main display has been broken down into 3 columns for servers, wireless, and printers this can be extended by simply adding more groups
- If a checked item is designated as a WMI check i.e. Windows server then the item description is enabled as a link to an extended check for services.
- The display page now auto refreshes every 5 mins with a last checked time visible on the page.
- The admin area has been reworked to make navigation more easier
- Groups have been added to allow logical grouping of checked items
- A rework of the database to allow for growth and furture upgrades
PLEASE NOTE: There is no upgrade path to this version due to the re-working that has taken place.
You know where to get it from :-)
just installed the new version, still getting the same here.
Server IP is 10.16.48.3 that has IIS installed. I configure the admin area to show that IP as one of the servers, add ALL services to it, yet on the status page it just shows it as DOWN. tried a variety of IPs I know are up, and set them to ping only, and they all show as down.
Not changed any of the files, just copied all files to the wwwroot/mlsm, gave iusr_xxx permissions, and logged in to the /admin/ path. am i doing something wrong?
ICTNUT - i'll give this a try tomorrow when in work.
@MK-2: Please can you do the following for me...
Open the default.asp file found in the root of the MLSM folder in notepad.
On line 16 you will find the following:
On Error Resume Next
Can you add an apostrophe to this so it looks like:
'On Error Resume Next
Save this and then try to access the page, this should produce an error can you post this up for me to see.
Also as an after thought you may need:
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows Server 2003
Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows Server 2003
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000
Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000
Depending on what you are trying to run the monitor on.
sure thing mate:
commented out the line first, which resulted in:
/mlsm/Default.asp, line 153
just installed the scripting for 2k3 and rebooting now. will let you know if that sorts it.
just rebooted the server with the scripting 5.6 installed, still does the same