cant wait for the update :-p
Any news on the update?
@ICTNUT, we are finding this a great tool, me and other tech have it as one of our home page tabs, so we can check everything is up and running in the morning before the start of the day.
Hope your next update is sometime soon
Can anyone give me some help with this?
Im just trying to get it setup on our existing network, to test its feasibility/usefulness for the new network, and im having problems.
I can get the interface up for it, but it doesnt seem to work. Wont even do the ping tests.
Here is my install notes from my network documentation.
1. You will need a server with iis and php installed i use WAMP for the the php server downloadable from Install PHP 5 Apache MySQL on Windows : WampServer
2. Open the install folder from WAMP (usually C:\wamp) open the www folder and create a new folder calling it anything you like (for this purpose i will choose edugeek).
3. Copy and paste the php file to the edugeek folder from above.
4. Open internet explorer and navigate to http:\\localhost and you should get the wamp server web interface.
5. Under projects you will see the folder edugeek. Click it and you will see a list of files in the directory. You should see the PHP file click it to open it to make sure that the php server bit is set up ok.
6. You can now navigate to it by putting http:\\<server name>\edugeek\lan.php in the web browser of any computer.
You may need to start wamp serve automatically by clicking on the 'speedo' in the taskbar and clicking start all services.
If it doesnt start then you may need to stop on of the iis services then start the wamp services then start the iis service again. The one that i had to stop and start was 'World Wide Publishing Service'.
Are you using the Ping function or the WMI function?
Can you get into the admin page?
Are you using IIS?
I have just released the next version of the helpdesk to beta testers so I will be releasing the next version of the nework monitor by the end of the week :)
This will work by polling the services and hardware directly to the database therefore allowing anyone to view the status page with the extended status page being restricted as there is now the facility to stop/start/restart windows services.
I'll post an update soon.
Think you need set permissions on the directory to be everyone - read
Would i need to use a ftp like program? because its a local machine and im new to all this.
doing it through windows explorer is going to bring up the usual properties panel.
I was wondering how you could configure this so it will ping more than one device for one result? For example I would like to add the printers to the status page, but I would want it to ping the printer and the print server to give a more accurate result.