Wireless help desperately needed!
Hope someone can give me some good pointers!!!
We have setup 4x Wireless access points in a very small school and the problem is that the laptops can just loose the wireless connection for absolutely no reason, maybe 10-15 minutes after starting up - No access to LAN or Internet, but fine until that point. It's completely random as to what laptops it happens to and how many and often even at different points in the school.
Here's the school setup
- Old building with thick walls
- Neighbouring houses with wireless
- NO server - Peer to peer laptops only - NO DHCP server
- All Windows XP laptops
- Static IP addresses on each laptop
- 4x Netgear WG103 WAPs
- Located throughout school, channels seperated from each other and neighbouring houses
- Using 802.11b wireless
- WPA-PSK2 encryption