+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Netgear WNDAP360 Wireless Access Point in Technical; Hi, Does anyone here use these access points? I'm having an issue when using the web interface. At it's default ...

Thank Post

Netgear WNDAP360 Wireless Access Point

Hi,

Does anyone here use these access points?

I'm having an issue when using the web interface. At it's default settings (192.168.0.100), it works fine, but as soon as it is assigned an IP address the web interface becomes completely slow and unsuable. So slow infact that after waiting for a while for a page to load, the AP times out and I need to login again.

I have just bought two of these devices and they are both experiencing the same issue.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Condolences, Netgear APs are shocking. Have you tried updating the firmware?

Thank Post
    Yes, they have both been updated the Firmware version 2.1.1

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried a different browser and could you exchange them with your supplier, I've had one that I never got working with certain laptops despite reporting the incompatibility.

Thank Post
    The thing is, the web interface works fine when the AP is at it's default settings, it's when the schools network settings are applied when the interface becomes unusable. I can access the AP fine, and login without any issues, it is then after this point that the interface is so slow, I can't do anything with it.

It is also the same with both of the AP's that I bought.

We have also purchased a Netgear WMS5316 wireless controller which appears to work really well, hence why we bought a couple of Netgear AP's.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you have the controller why do you need the individual AP interface, surely the controller should be handling everything, configuring the AP directly would likely cause more issues?

Thank Post
    Wouldn't I need to modify the AP's network settings so the controller could see them in the first place?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
    Wouldn't I need to modify the AP's network settings so the controller could see them in the first place?
    All depends on the system, I have not dealt with the managed Netgear stuff directly but some of the other stuff configures automagicly depending on the network setup. Perhaps someone who has dealt with it directly will be able to offer better advice. I've only really dealt with Aruba and Ruckus stuff personally in the managed line, had my fingers burnt way to many times by netgear stuff to go down their managed route but thats probably thanks to my location.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moving to Networks forum.

Thank Post
    I had this problem, you have to manage the ap's through the controller, crazy i know, but once i got this sorted everything was stable and working well.
    the fun bit was the ntp through the grid :-)
    Stubbsy

Thank Post
    I feel your pain, just literally set these up myself on two sites. Brilliant when they're in and very quick but setting them up is a nightmare.

Login to the AP and update the firmware then restore it back to factory defaults. Leave it for five and the Management box will pick it up, do all your config on the management box.

I've had it sometimes where you discover the AP on the management box set an IP and it adds the box to the list of managed APs but never actually updates the AP itself... In this case log into the AP directly and set the same IP within a minute or so the management box will show it as connected and will synchronise it.

Hope this helps!

Thank Post
    Well, I have one of these beasts and after some tinkering and the occasional hair pulling I have found the following:

The slowness and impossible-to-work-with problems with the web-based administration interface of the WNDAP360 are only experienced when you access the web interface through the wired network interface of the access point, not when you are connected to one of the wireless network that the access point provides.

Example:

1) I connect my web client (computer) to the default "Netgear_11NG" wireless network that the access point provides (or to whatever network that you have configured on the access point).
    2) Connect to the AP's web interface using your web browser. The web interface is responsive regardless of if you are running the AP on the default settings or if you have configured it previously.
    3) Disconnect your computer from the wireless network of the WNDAP360 AP and connect it either to another wireless network at your site or to your wired network. The main part is that you have access the AP web interface not using one of the AP's own wireless networks.
    4) Connect to the AP's web interface again. It is now extremely sluggish and often doesn't load at all.

I have experienced this behaviour both with the current firmware version 2.1.5 and previous versions. I have tested the scenarios from three different clients of varying types, such as Windows 7 and Mac OS X, with several different web browsers.

The performance of the AP is good in my experience, I can fully utilize the 100 Mbit/s connection to which the AP is connected, but the problems with the web interface casts some doubts on the quality of the product.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NjopOlsson View Post
    Well, I have one of these beasts and after some tinkering and the occasional hair pulling I have found the following:

The slowness and impossible-to-work-with problems with the web-based administration interface of the WNDAP360 are only experienced when you access the web interface through the wired network interface of the access point, not when you are connected to one of the wireless network that the access point provides.

Example:

1) I connect my web client (computer) to the default "Netgear_11NG" wireless network that the access point provides (or to whatever network that you have configured on the access point).
    2) Connect to the AP's web interface using your web browser. The web interface is responsive regardless of if you are running the AP on the default settings or if you have configured it previously.
    3) Disconnect your computer from the wireless network of the WNDAP360 AP and connect it either to another wireless network at your site or to your wired network. The main part is that you have access the AP web interface not using one of the AP's own wireless networks.
    4) Connect to the AP's web interface again. It is now extremely sluggish and often doesn't load at all.

I have experienced this behaviour both with the current firmware version 2.1.5 and previous versions. I have tested the scenarios from three different clients of varying types, such as Windows 7 and Mac OS X, with several different web browsers.

The performance of the AP is good in my experience, I can fully utilize the 100 Mbit/s connection to which the AP is connected, but the problems with the web interface casts some doubts on the quality of the product.
    Have they fixed the issues with Toshiba Atheros GN cards yet, when I asked them they simply were not interested in fixing the dirty things.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread