+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Ubiquiti Unifi Wireless Radiation pattern... in Technical; A question i've not been able to find an answer to online. Obviously the Unifi's are designed to be mounted ...

Thank Post

Ubiquiti Unifi Wireless Radiation pattern...

A question i've not been able to find an answer to online. Obviously the Unifi's are designed to be mounted facing downwards on a ceiling, or sideways on a wall, but does anyone have a polar plot of the actual antenna radiation pattern? I'm curious as i have been forced (by time) to install a couple of our points just sat flat on something and the range of these devices seems not as good as the ones which are 'properly' installed. Anyone got a clue to help me with?

Thank Post
    it is doughnut shaped, larger the db of the antenna the flatter it looks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaktech View Post
    A question i've not been able to find an answer to online. Obviously the Unifi's are designed to be mounted facing downwards on a ceiling, or sideways on a wall, but does anyone have a polar plot of the actual antenna radiation pattern? I'm curious as i have been forced (by time) to install a couple of our points just sat flat on something and the range of these devices seems not as good as the ones which are 'properly' installed. Anyone got a clue to help me with?
    The antenna design assumes these will be ceiling mounted so you are quite right and wall mounting will never be as efficient. As mentioned by the last poster the wireless radiates in a donut shape meaning less coverage in the middle. When mounted on a ceiling this area of less coverage is aimed straight down, if you mount the ap on a wall then this area is aimed straight into the room with your nice donut bits aiming at the floor and ceiling.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread