+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, The Independant on Essa Academy in Technical; I notice that The Independant is running an article on Essa Academy today: The school where every teacher has an ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 994 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Independant on Essa Academy

I notice that The Independant is running an article on Essa Academy today: The school where every teacher has an iPad... and every student has an iPod - Education News - Education - The Independent
    It makes quite a good read, and I must admit after visiting there a couple of months back they seem to have invested a lot of time and effort in getting the technology right and coping with bedding in problems well. So much so that another person I was there with had to pint out somethign I had missed. No pupils had books, or book bags and everything is network centric, in this case it being a Meru wireless network throughout the academy.
    I should also add that whilst it is Apple at the front end the back is Server 2008, AD and Exchange in a magic triangle.

Thank Post
    Thanks Dos_Box. Meru Networks are very proud to be enabling this kind of handheld learning at ESSA. With approximately 2000 wireless devices on campus, Meru performs flawlessly. For those edugeek members that would like to visit the academy and understand more around what they have achieved from an education perspective, please don't hesitate to contact me and I will put you in touch with the academy. Video case study can be found here Essa Academy deploys Meru Networks to support 2000 Apple devices - YouTube and many thanks to Northgate Managed Services for their support on this project. For those of you interested in all IPAD / ALL Apple deployments, there is another large one at Longfield Academy, video case study here, again a Meru deployment, Longfield Academy iPads in Action promotional video - YouTube Thanks to European and 9ine consulting for their diligence here making this deployment such a success

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread