+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wireless Networks Thread, Ruckus and Samsung NC10's once more in Technical; Excellent! Thanks. Never got to view the netbooks in use today. Will be interesting when people start using them more ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Excellent! Thanks.

Never got to view the netbooks in use today. Will be interesting when people start using them more often.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I've got NB30s and a Ruckus network and have had no issues as yet. Silly question but have you checked interference on that channel - lots of reports of interference on Channel 6

Thank Post
    Yes he came out with a scanner and no interference could be seen, I watch it myself. Did mention it to him and he checked to see if any alarm PIRs etc were interfering.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Had a Ruckus network installed in the summer (sorry Aggy) .
    Just to clarify my original message as it seems it has been taken the wrong way, my Ruckus system was not installed by Net-Ctrl (Aggy) but by another local Ruckus supplier. My refference to Aggy was that she tried so very hard for me with getting a really competative quote for the job but in the end the school went elsewhere. Take my hat off to Aggy as her endevours to get us a good quote were exemplary. Net-Ctrl have also offered advice to us since over our problem as they had experienced similar issues before so its hats off to them and I will have no hesitation asking them for a quote next time if I need one. Hope that clears any mistunderstanding up. ps Hope to see you at again BETT 2012 Aggy

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Just to clarify my original message as it seems it has been taken the wrong way, my Ruckus system was not installed by Net-Ctrl (Aggy) but by another local Ruckus supplier. My refference to Aggy was that she tried so very hard for me with getting a really competative quote for the job but in the end the school went elsewhere. Take my hat off to Aggy as her endevours to get us a good quote were exemplary. Net-Ctrl have also offered advice to us since over our problem as they had experienced similar issues before so its hats off to them and I will have no hesitation asking them for a quote next time if I need one. Hope that clears any mistunderstanding up. ps Hope to see you at again BETT 2012 Aggy
    If there is anything else I can support you with please let me know. In the mean time, I shall look forward seeing your smiley face again at the BETT 2012.

Thank Post
    Latest update is that the poe switch has died with no power to the APs, temp one installed and so far good results! Awaiting new replacement poe switch to see if it was coincidence or just a faulty new switch from the beginning, however does not explain difference between testers laptop and samsung netbook side by side test.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Never rely on poe if you can help it. Switch dies and all hell breaks loose....if on manual power they can Atleast mesh a connection together, albeit not as powerful.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So you think yours was down to the Poe switch? We're Poe at the moment but that's due to it all being kinda temporary and not being able to run cables everywhere.
    We were all cabled up at school

Thank Post
    Well.....the POE was changed, all seemed well untill I came to one AP that would not let me connect to it. Had them back in and it was swapped out, still same problem so signal analysed and on closer inspection it seems the signal was very intermittently dropping and comming back so wifi taken back to basics and hey presto that point sorted. WIFI network AP's tested and problem has resurfaced on a totally different AP that was OK before! Arghhhhh! Back to POE swapout again although when he left after a POE switch reboot it was apparently stable on all the AP's. So next week have got to check it out to see if its still stable. We shall see...

Thank Post
    Well the latest is that all now seems well...big test next week when get a class to use it but so far it looks promising. Signal strengths and speed tests look good and no AP's that are being difficult to say the least. POE switch changed to a different make and still had some issues but after a scan of signals it was found some Security PIR's were causing some issues so channel fixed to avoid the same channel. Out of safety we also fixed the channels of the other points (dont have that many) so that they dont clash with each other or the wireless phones, security, alarms etc etc rather than allow Ruckus to determine the channel (as when we did the problem seemed to appear at another AP) and all seems well. Thanks for all suggestions, hope my adventure may help others who have a difficulty as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12