+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Please Help in Technical; I posted yesterday about a profile problem which has not yet been resolved. Basically i can not create or use ...

Thank Post

Please Help

I posted yesterday about a profile problem which has not yet been resolved. Basically i can not create or use roaming profiles. I can use a mandatory profile that defaults to classic start menu for some odd reason but folder redirection wont work with it. Local profiles work fine with folder direction and the share folder has all the right security credentials. Is there any reason why roaming profiles would suddenly stop working? its racking my brain because everything seems to be setup right. Can anyone give me advise on anythinhg that could be acusing this. Cheers

Thank Post

Re: Please Help

We had a roaming profile problem a few weeks ago and got loads of replies, none of which worked. We came up with this solution after trying a few and worked out that it seemed to be the NTuser files.

We rename the problem profile folder (we just added the standard .old to the name). Then made a new folder with the original name and copied over all the files/folders except the userdata folder (if ther is one) and the NTUSER files.

I've done this with the user is logged on and not logged on and it seems to have solved the problem.

Good luck!

Thank Post

@Ashers

Could this be something to do with the original permissions on the profiles folder you re-name?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts

I've had a weird one today. It turned out the Default Profile was missing... I have written up how I fixed it, but my folder is in school and I'm home. Will check this thread tomorrow. If you're still in limbo, I'll post what I did.

Lin

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts

I'm back in my cupboard now... mopping up the aftermath of my Profiles problem. In my case it was the Default Profile was missing from the NETLOGON folder. Fortunately I had a backup and was able to restore it.

Cause... another Tech's carelessness. We have a network tech who comes in to give additional support occasionally and it was him

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information