+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Xirrus or Ruckus.. need some help from people with the know how in Technical; Hey guys, i see there alot of hightly skilled professionals her eto assist, and many who know these products and ...

Thank Post

Xirrus or Ruckus.. need some help from people with the know how

Hey guys, i see there alot of hightly skilled professionals her eto assist, and many who know these products and more.

I have a WiSP in a small city in Brazil, its only around 2-3 square miles. I currently have a couple of towers with some routers and antennas that work but i am outgrowing them and need to change.

Basically this is what i want to do: I want to have as many towers around that i need to get coverage over the whole city. I would like that to possibly extend to street level also and not just homes (very densely populated area, clients currently connect with antennas but would love it if this wasnt necessary in the future)

I have purchased a Xirrus XS16, and was planning on getting a bunch of those meshed together to try and do this.. now i am also reading alot about Ruckus, which on paper is nothing compared to the Xirrus, but from what i am reading i am no longer sure what is the best way to do this. I want to be able to have approximately 5000 clients. These will be all made up of Homes with antennas and also mobile users.

Any one able to assist with this? or even tell me what other hardware may be better? I need my clients to each get a connection of around 2mbps.

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hello Luke,

Please give a call to Andre Queiroz +55 11 8326 7090 he would be more than happy to discuss Ruckus Wireless Solution with you.

Hope that helps.

Aggy

Thank Post
    Hello Luke,

I have a good knowledge on Xirrus Arrays. I think i can help you.

Thiago

Thank Post

I can help

We were the exclusive distribution point for Xirrus in Australia for 3 years and have recently replaced Xirrus with Ruckus due to the advanced technology developed by Ruckus and the cost savings by implementing Ruckus over Xirrus.

You may also want to have a look at Tom's Hardware's recent article that put the main players against each other and you will see that the ZoneFlex midrange Smart Wi-Fi system performed up to 10 times faster than their competitors. Its titled "Why Your Wi-Fi Sucks And How It Can Be Helped, Part 2 "

I also went from having a Xirrus XN4 in my home to having 2 ZoneFlex AP's and my Wi-Fi has never been better.

Hope this helps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread