+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Observium - network monitoring system in Technical; I've just read about this in the last issue of Linux Format - looks like it could be useful to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Observium - network monitoring system

I've just read about this in the last issue of Linux Format - looks like it could be useful to some of us.

Observium is an autodiscovering PHP/MySQL based network monitoring system focused primarily on Cisco and Linux networks but includes support for a wide range of network hardware and operating systems.

Observium has grown out of a lack of easy to use NMSes. It is intended to provide a more navigable interface to the health and performance of your network. Its design goals include collecting as much historical data about devices as possible, being completely autodiscovered with little or no manual intervention, and having a very intuitive interface.

Observium is not yet intended to replace an existing Nagios-type monitoring system, but rather to complement it with intuitive representation of historical and current performance statistics, configuration visualisation and syslog capture.

Main Page - Observium

2. 7 Thanks to webman:

eejit (17th October 2010), joe90bass (17th October 2010), MatthewL (17th October 2010), plexer (17th October 2010), rh91uk (18th October 2010), Soulfish (17th October 2010), Trapper (17th October 2010)

Thank Post
    I'm bumping this because if you haven't tried this, you really, really, really should. Setup is fast and easy.

I'm kicking myself I missed this thread 3 years ago.

Thank Post
    So they decided to go commercial:

4th October 2013
    We've decided to split the project into two releases, a freely available Open Source edition and a subscription-supported edition to help fund development of Observium past 2013.

We have set the initial subscription price at £100 (~120EUR or $160), which we hope is low enough for everyone to afford and high enough to sustain full time development. You can subscribe on this page.

Thank Post
    The community version is available for download here: Ubuntu SVN Installation - Observium

But I'm more than willing to kick £100 their way to fund future development.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread