+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Netgear WAP - strange issue! in Technical; Am having a strange issue with a Netgear WG602 v3 WAP in a classroom. When I try and connect to ...
    Thank Post

Netgear WAP - strange issue!

Am having a strange issue with a Netgear WG602 v3 WAP in a classroom.

When I try and connect to the Wireless network in that classroom with a laptop, the signal strength is fine but the connectivity is saying limited. The wireless light and the network light are both flashing to receive and transmit data.

The WAP in question does not seem to have one of the static IP addresses allocated so has been picking up an IP address via DHCP. However, looking at the history of the IP addresses allocated, I can see that it was working fine with a dynamic IP address at one point, so maybe this is a red herring?

The admin passwords for all the WAPs have been changed and not documented so I can't access the management software to check it out.

Am just wondering whether the best solution would be to take it back to factory settings and set it up again from scratch. Are there any other options?

Thank Post
    Am looking into this a bit more and am wondering if it's actually the laptop. I get it working fine in the office via another WAP and the laptop has a normal IP address assigned. When it's not working in the classroom, it has a completely screwy IP address. Am going to try and fiddle around with the laptop IP address settings and see. Another laptop in the same classroom has come up with the same issues though ....

Thank Post
    Not solved it but found another WAP down in an adjacent classroom - fixed that and the am getting enough signal to get back onto the wireless network. I am coming to the conclusion that this particular WAP has not worked for ages! Possibly due to the IP addressing issues I mentioned before - could be a return to factory settings I think!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread