+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wireless Networks Thread, Strange Latency? Issues with logging in. in Technical; There is currently only one server now that should be listed as an srv record as the other two DCs ...

Thank Post

Re: Strange Latency? Issues with logging in.

There is currently only one server now that should be listed as an srv record as the other two DCs have recently been demoted ready for -reinstall.

I can't confirm at the moment as i am not at work (not in the building anyhow). But the DNS on this machine just points itself and then the forwarder is to the censornet box. Does the censornet box run its own dns?

I have set the dns settings on the censornet external connection set to the router to deal with and it seemsto be working ok. Clients access the interent ia the censornet box and everything gets resolved internally. One problem i have though as mentioned 5 posts ago is the pinging resolutions.

Is there any other information that is needed to help me resolve these issues? I have run nsloolkup with regards to the srv records and it resolves i think correctly with the response of one record which is the main controller.

Thank Post

Has you are from a Sandwell address why don't you get Broadband Sandwell in to have a look at it. I think Keith is the contact you will need to speak to. From what i hear from other Sandwell techies Keith knows his DNS.

Thank Post

I have called K. Chandler in to have a look at the issue that i was getting as the clients were getting the router address for dns entries instead of the dns for the main server. This was leading to the machines obviously failing to log in correctly. I tracked down the issue before he arived which ended up being that the censornet had been turned off and restarted during the hols because the pat testing had been completed. I DID NOT know about that!!

But i still have issues with the clients failing the kerberos test during the net diag. I asked Keith Chandler and his response was that he didn't know. So my question is, does any one else?

My clients log in fin enow but still when the room logs in there seem sto be the issue where some clients end up with just a blue screen for ages. but when restarted they seem to be fine. Is it a case of the server being bogged down with too many requests at once?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12