+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Servers and workstations AND users not sppearing in RM Management Console in Technical; On our RM CC3 network, after losing all our shares after an iSCSI discovery issue with our new SAN, I ...
    Thank Post

Servers and workstations AND users not sppearing in RM Management Console

On our RM CC3 network, after losing all our shares after an iSCSI discovery issue with our new SAN, I now get the following when trying to open the user node after recovering the H drive...

Error
    The response from the server was not valid xml:
    System does not support the specific encoding.

This doesn't show anything under users after clicking ok to this. The management console is running very slowly on start and I also have no workstations showing in the domain, whether under locations (which are showing but with nothing in them), or by searching for workstations.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas while I'm waiting to hear from RM, as September is getting closer by the minute.

Everything looks ok in Active directory, and the shares seem ok on the folders...

Thanks,

Laura

Thank Post
    Laura I believe you have more than one issue here, as regardless of the condition of the users and the H: drive, you should be able to drill down into the workstations / resources / printers / config settings areas.

Is it just the Workstations part that is empty or all of the above?

When you say you recovered the H: drive do you mean you restored from backup back onto the domain controllers physical hard drive H, or do you mean you restored the backup onto your SAN hard drive H?

It might be an idea to run a users health check on that domain controller by going to Users > right clicking on the DC and running health check.

Butuz
    Last edited by Butuz; 24th August 2010 at 01:11 PM.

3. Thanks to Butuz from:

ljlbray (24th August 2010)

Thank Post
    I probably should have mentioned it's a problem stemming from this thread, but not the same issue and it's just me in to get the system back now so I've started it in this thread...
    Basically to recreate the shares the drives have been restored. I just reallocated H: to a restore onto a partition called X:, then changed the drive letter to H: as suggested in the reply to previous thread.
    The users are back. Phew. And can log on, and have the right GPOs.
    However, I noticed that there's no package control in D: anymore, and seems to have been missing off all recent backups. I can get it off a backup about a month back, but we've rebuilt some of the machines over the summer. However, they have the same packages and names applied, so I restored this folder(maybe mistakenly)
    Now I have locations under the treeview, but get the ERROR: Failed to obtain the StationParams from the RLN Conversation. The Error was '(0xe0001b68) when I click on a location (but only on one server or the three CC3 servers, the other two still show nothing under a location, and the users don't appear on these two) Accessing the web interface of the management console from a domain machine now points you to the easylink website?!? Should I reinstall the management console?
    The workstations are all showing properly in active directory - is there any way of just dragging the info from Active Directoy to the management console? I thought it replicated when you health checked, but health checking doesn't seem to do anything to the workstations, probably because the management console can't access them properly!
    I have contacted RM about this, but I have users knocking on the door, and I'm trying to piece together how the system got to this point and what could be missing! Nightmare...

Thanks,

Laura
    Last edited by ljlbray; 24th August 2010 at 03:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Just in case anyone else has this problem in the future,
    At the problem server, browse to the folder - D:\RMNetwork\Server\Tools\RM User Manager\<version>\
    Right-click the file RM User Manager.MSI and choose uninstall.
    Once RM User Manager is uninstalled, right-click the MSI and choose Install.
    Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Repeat the above steps to uninstall and install the folders Management Tool Security and Management Tool Security Configuration.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread