+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Enable add-ons in IE 8 in Technical; Good afternoon, On the vanilla site I support, since I put in the domain network, students are no longer able ...

Thank Post

Enable add-ons in IE 8

Good afternoon,

On the vanilla site I support, since I put in the domain network, students are no longer able to run the online ALN tests. Looking at the URL, it's a .swf extension. There was a little message appeared at the bottom of the browser saying add-ons were disabled, and if you follow it to the add-on manager the option to re-enable the add-on's is greyed out.

I assume this is blocked somehow by group policy: I have looked at Workstation Settings> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Internet Explorer> Security Features> Add-ons> "Deny all add-ons unless specifically allowed in the Add-on list", which is set to Not Configured, which should allow the users to allow or deny any add-ons. Is there another option which will need configuring?

Many thanks,

Daniel

Thank Post
    I know this is old, but I just found it while working on the same problem...

Did you check local and domain policies, for both user and computer? If so, try explicitly configuring that setting to "disabled".

Thank Post
    Hi,

The problem was there is Workstation Settings> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Internet Explorer> Security Features> Add-ons> "Deny all add-ons unless specifically allowed in the Add-on list"

but also User Settings> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Internet Explorer> Security Features> Add-ons> "Deny all add-ons unless specifically allowed in the Add-on list"

It was set to not configured for computer settings, but enabled on user settings

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread