+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Student folder mysteriously emptying. in Technical; OK folks how about some help please with this strange situation. My Win 2K server and it’s brood of XP ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Student folder mysteriously emptying.

OK folks how about some help please with this strange situation. My Win 2K server and it’s brood of XP workstations has recently started throwing up a real baffler to me. When successfully logged on as a specific student and attempting to run a software package I’m getting a message telling me the programme can’t run because it is not able to locate in this case a student folder tamsinb on our server. First it happened in the Blackcat Fresco programme but today it also happened on a couple of machines running MS Publisher – with the latter it wasn’t a fall over case and choosing the correct user folder located the students work. With the Blackcat software it just refuses to run.

This has been a progressively worsening problem over the past 6 weeks. Also about 2 weeks ago tamsinb went to open her work and the folder was empty. A restore from our Veritas backup resolved that but yet again today the folder had been emptied and needed a restore. I have since changed tamsinb’s profile and given her a new folder to which I copied her existing work.

I’m totally baffled, anyone encountered this sort of problem before and got any ideas please?

Thank Post

Re: Student folder mysteriously emptying.

I'm paranoid... I'd recommend you look into user permissions and/or access from a 3rd party...

A password change may well resolve the problem..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread