+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wireless Networks Thread, EMBC & Logmein in Technical; yeah ... but my gripe is that EMBC pay Capita . ICT to field calls from NCC schools. Err ...no ...

Thank Post

Re: EMBC & Logmein

yeah ... but my gripe is that EMBC pay Capita .ICT to field calls from NCC schools.

Err ...no they Don't , EMBC are the schools ISP any probs with service that is not due to any issues with the user site LAN is the responsibility of their ISP to resolve ! As for Logmein and blocking sites this is controlled by the LA, (Capita .ict ARE NOT PART OF THE LA or EMBC) who administer the firewall no point having a firewall and then keep poking holes in it? If you need a site unblocking speak to the LA

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PuttingTheRecordStraight
    yeah ... but my gripe is that EMBC pay Capita .ICT to field calls from NCC schools.
    Err ...no they Don't , EMBC are the schools ISP any probs with service that is not due to any issues with the user site LAN is the responsibility of their ISP to resolve ! As for Logmein and blocking sites this is controlled by the LA, (Capita .ict ARE NOT PART OF THE LA or EMBC) who administer the firewall no point having a firewall and then keep poking holes in it? If you need a site unblocking speak to the LA
    Please feel free to PM or email me to let me know how it is meant to work then, and what documentation has been sent out to schools to let them know this?

As for the firewall ... I thought they were something you had to stop unrequired ports for being used ... if a school requires one to be open surely it is a reasonable request.

I know that people at Capita .ICT feel a bit hard done to at the moment, but if they are no longer dealing with anything to do with EMBC then I am sure schools will be happy to deal directly with the Fujitsu helpdesk!

Thank Post

Just a heads up - we've been having problems with Logmein again over the EMBC these last few days - yesterday an EMBC support person told me that it had been banned across the region as a proxy anonymiser site(??) - so if we wanted to keep using it - it would need to be added to our local allow list - which I did (we already lock it down to students in other ways) and its OK now. Just thought it might help other people who use it in the EMBC region.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12