+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Wireless Networks Thread, HP Procurve Switches in Technical; Originally Posted by marvin Alright the switches are HP Procurve 1810G-24 web managed Gbit switches , just checked the quote ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Alright the switches are HP Procurve 1810G-24 web managed Gbit switches , just checked the quote i had.
    If the switch have gone back to its default static IP address it won't show on the DHCP lease.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Alright the switches are HP Procurve 1810G-24 web managed Gbit switches , just checked the quote i had.
    If they're the same as the 1800 these don't have a serial port. The default I.P. address is 192.168.2.10, you might have to change the I.P. range on one of your workstations just to make the change. You might also have to isolate the switches while you sort them out otherwise they'll clash with each other.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    If they're the same as the 1800 these don't have a serial port. The default I.P. address is 192.168.2.10, you might have to change the I.P. range on one of your workstations just to make the change. You might also have to isolate the switches while you sort them out otherwise they'll clash with each other.
    Assign a virtual ip address that is on the same range as the switch so you don't have to re configure your tcp/ip settings on your nic.

How to Configure Virtual IP Address in Windows XP/2000/ ME/2003

The procedure to configure virtual IP addresses in bulk under Windows XP/2000/ME is given below. This procedure can be performed only by a user with admin privileges.

1. Click on the Start Menu and choose Settings.
    2. Among the listed items select Network and Dial-up connections.
    3. Select Local area connection from the items under Network and Dial-up connections ; this opens with the general information on Local area connection status.
    4. Click on the Properties button. The Local area connection properties dialog opens listing all the protocols.
    5. Choose Internet Protocol ( TCP / IP ) and click on the Properties button.
    6. The Internet Protocol TCP / IP Properties dialog is invoked. Click on the Advanced button at the bottom of the dialog. The Advanced TCP / IP settings dialog displays all the configured IP addresses in your system.
    7. Click Add button next to the displayed IP addresses to add an IP address with a corresponding sub-net mask.
    8. You will have to re-start the system for the changes to take effect.

I have never had to restart my computer when doing the above but obviously you have to apply the settings so apply, ok, ok etc until you are out of the properties for tcp/ip and you have also clicked on apply , ok on the main LAN properties window.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123