+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wireless Networks Thread, securus in Technical; Originally Posted by securussoftware Originally Posted by eejit Originally Posted by securussoftware Securus does fully integrate with Active Directory quickly ...
    Thank Post

Re: securus

Quote Originally Posted by securussoftware
    Quote Originally Posted by eejit

Securus does fully integrate with Active Directory quickly and easily
    If it does, that is only in the latest release. It does interact with AD, but you can't see all users until they have logged on which is pants - so if you want to apply certain members to a securus group, you have to wait until they log on until you can see them in the console and then move them.
    There is a way around this, but it's not something that Securus do 'out of the box'.
    Point taken If you create groups in Securus exacxtly as they are in your AD (ie year7, year8, year9) and the students are a member of them, Securus will automatically move them into the correct group for you when they log on so no user intevention is required.
    Ok, that must be relatively new and is a positive step, I'll check it out.
    Cheers
    Good to have someone from the company on here.

Thank Post

Version 4.25 (our latest version) allow reduncancy, it offers you the ability to select where to backup the violations/config settings to. You can then import them back in should you need to.
    So is version 4.25 still in testing or has it been officially released?

Thank Post

@woody
    Are you running securus?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by woody
    Version 4.25 (our latest version) allow reduncancy, it offers you the ability to select where to backup the violations/config settings to. You can then import them back in should you need to.
    So is version 4.25 still in testing or has it been officially released?
    Yes it has been officially released as a interim release, our next big release is end of April 2007 which will include EMAIL/SMS alerts.

Although I havent notified customers about this release as we are a few weeks of off the next major release.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy
    @woody
    Are you running securus?
    Yes, had it for nearly two years now. I like it only the web log has never worked and the Securus team have never been able to offer a fix for it. I was told version 4 might solve the problem so I will install it over easter and see.

I am so pleased that from the new version it will auto update the clients! That will save us a lot of work!

Thank Post

@woody

I came in Saturday to update my server - but I have learnt TODAY that it will only autoupdate client 4.22 onwards - yep - you've still got to update to 4.22 (this release) manually (login script, AD, etc, etc) - and after that it will autoupdate.

BTW:- backup / restore didnt work for me.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy
    @woody

I came in Saturday to update my server - but I have learnt TODAY that it will only autoupdate client 4.22 onwards - yep - you've still got to update to 4.22 (this release) manually (login script, AD, etc, etc) - and after that it will autoupdate.

BTW:- backup / restore didnt work for me.
    Yes you are correct Dave, Securus will only auto upgrade from 4.22 upwards. I know this is a pain at the moment but longterm will make life easier.
    Securus up to now has needed to be uninstalled before installing a new version in order to make the removal of Securus very difficult (for obvious reasons).

I am testing the restore function here for 4.25 to check the function works as it should do.
    I will also test a 3.54 saved config by restoring to 4.25 (like you did).
    As I said to you Dave, the restore config option is new for 4.25 and should not be version dependant (therefore any version in principal should work), however it is only being offered as a feature of 4.25, so hyperthetically may only work from this point in time.
    I will keep you updated

Thank Post

I presume I can upgrade from 3.54 straight to 4.25 or do I have to do 4.22 inbetween?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by woody
    I presume I can upgrade from 3.54 straight to 4.25 or do I have to do 4.22 inbetween?
    Yes you can upgrade from 3.54 to 4.25. 4.22 is the client version that matches 4.25 server.

Thank Post

Thanks Donna

Thank Post

Hi Donna...
    While you're around, you don't know why I'm getting this error when trying to access the member's area of your website do you please?

"The file /home/mettlurs/public_html/membersarea/functions.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ionCube PHP Loader to be installed."

We've been using securus for years and love it here but I really must use the easter hols to do an upgrade as we're still on 3.03 ops:

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Netman
    Hi Donna...
    While you're around, you don't know why I'm getting this error when trying to access the member's area of your website do you please?

"The file /home/mettlurs/public_html/membersarea/functions.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ionCube PHP Loader to be installed."

We've been using securus for years and love it here but I really must use the easter hols to do an upgrade as we're still on 3.03 ops:
    Apologies for this, we are aware of this problem and have notified our web developers (an outside company) a few weeks back and despite numerous calls and emails as of yet nothing has been done. We are looking to get a new website shortly, and to not use our current company anymore.

If you email me I can provide you the link to upgrade Securus, the instructions and anything else you might need, just click on my profile!
    I am in over easter (apart from easter weekend) so call me if you ened help

Thank Post

Woah 7 consecutive posts by someone from securus on a thread that was started by someone enquiring about securus in schools from other school techies, are we being hijacked here? Has this become a securus support thread? Or are Edugeeks.net being used by securus to sell their own product here?

Just questions no insinuations:

Some of you may remember many of you may not, I trialed Securus with another product alongside (forensic) about a year ago and i posted my findings on here then (below is a link)

Now personally and speaking from a school techie point of view, i have to say to you guys DO NOT make a decision on your choice of security monitoring product until you have tried both...

Both companies will give you a free trial and by rights they should leave you to decide for yourselves..

These products are an expensive but extremely valuable asset to any school (once you have made your decision you will wonder how you ever managed without it) which we use all the time.

I think these companies should let the site do what it is designed to do and let us help eachother as school techies to make the right decisions for our own solution needs.

Here is the link to the thread i posted on previously, which incidentaly was also added to by another employee of securus. >>>>>> http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?nam...er=asc&start=0

Guys and Gals make your own minds up!

Thank Post

w32/jbot:
    I was purely trying to point out that some of you were ill informing other members of this site. I feel everyone should be entitled to their own opinion based on factual information.

Whether someone buys policy or Securus is down to them, I am not trying to sell Securus, I am not a sales person, I am just trying to make sure people understand how our software works correctly.

You wouldnt be complaining if policy were posting here because you run their product would you? Its all about personal opinions and preferences which everyone is entitled too!

I agree with you 100%, trial both companies software and then make a decision based on your actual findings and not other people's hearsay. If you look around on this site you can find arguements for and against both companies, I am not trying to get you to buy anything I am just trying to help with any concerns people have as well as any problems so we can provide a better service/software in future.

Thank Post

On the contrary Securus, i have an objection to any companies using these type of forums to support their own products whether i am a customer of theirs or not.

In all honesty i think software companies should have their own forums for customers to extract general and support information from said company themselves, therefore there would not be the need to have a thread on an End user/Techies forum with every other post and more being from a company that is there to service us if we so wish.

I am only trying to be unbiased here and make sure people do not make decisions based on biased information. I mean do you expect one to realistically beleive that a user that calls themselves "securussoftware" would not be Biased in favour of the product called "securussoftware"?

Do you have this thread on email notify or something

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast