+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
Wireless Networks Thread, B****y WLANs - Save me Ruckus in Technical; Originally Posted by ninjabeaver Aggy still phoned me yesterday though.... mad woman. It's the support like that that really counts ...
  1. #16

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,062
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 920 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver View Post
    Aggy still phoned me yesterday though.... mad woman. It's the support like that that really counts IMHO. Mark also contacted me via email yesterday as well. Dedicated lot there.
    I agree! They even contact me when they are on there holidays! mark even phoned me on the evening just to make sure everything was okay and update me on what he was doing! To know that they look after there clients, when they are on holiday, out of the office or when they have gone home they are always there to support your needs! what more can you ask for really?

  2. Thanks to EduTech from:

    MarkPower (13th November 2009)

  3. #17

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,140
    Thank Post
    403
    Thanked 622 Times in 568 Posts
    Rep Power
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobos View Post
    When buying Ruckus kit I see Ruckus resellers also recommend buying into software/hardware support. Is this extra support really needed or just a ploy to make money?
    This covers firmware upgrades etc.

  4. #18

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,056
    Thank Post
    1,400
    Thanked 648 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    260
    Partner Premium Support consists of software upgrades and replacement of faulty hardware within a 48hr period from reporting and a dedicated Ruckus Helpline direct with ourselves,
    Software support conists of just software upgrades but you do recieve your stand warranty for the hardware of 12 months which offers a 30 day return and repair.

    I hope that helps fella

  5. #19
    Jobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,134
    Thank Post
    178
    Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Partner Premium Support consists of software upgrades and replacement of faulty hardware within a 48hr period from reporting and a dedicated Ruckus Helpline direct with ourselves,
    Software support conists of just software upgrades but you do recieve your stand warranty for the hardware of 12 months which offers a 30 day return and repair.

    I hope that helps fella
    With software support, how often are the upgrades and does it make a great difference to the operation of the Ruckus kit?

  6. #20
    zag
    zag is offline
    zag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,765
    Thank Post
    898
    Thanked 417 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    87
    Using Aruba here and couldn't be happier, excellent system that just works.

    Cost us 20k for 30 AP's and the controller.

    I can't believe we put up with an unmanaged system for so long.

  7. #21

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,056
    Thank Post
    1,400
    Thanked 648 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobos View Post
    With software support, how often are the upgrades and does it make a great difference to the operation of the Ruckus kit?
    Software upgrades are important to the smooth operation of your Ruckus Network , I have seen around four of these updates within a six moth period so far,

  8. #22
    Hollie1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    115
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    27
    I agree with EduTech that it is not always the cheapest is best -far from it.

    I am a fan of Extricom it just plugs into Cisco, standard n compliant, robust connectivity. The company i work for are an IT reseller and in our experiences of many of the wireless companies mentioned Extricom gives us no complaints it just works the boss is happy which is the main thing and we have wireless that works

  9. Thanks to Hollie1985 from:

    CPLTD (13th November 2009)

  10. #23

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,056
    Thank Post
    1,400
    Thanked 648 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie1985 View Post
    I agree with EduTech that it is not always the cheapest is best -far from it.

    I am a fan of Extricom it just plugs into Cisco, standard n compliant, robust connectivity. The company i work for are an IT reseller and in our experiences of many of the wireless companies mentioned Extricom gives us no complaints it just works the boss is happy which is the main thing and we have wireless that works
    Agree with you there Hollie, Extricom is a superb system which we have supplied to many customers , mainly into the healthcare sector , The only thing I would say about this solution is the cost is not as beneficial as the Ruckus or Meru solutions.

  11. #24

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,062
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 920 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    272
    I Must admit if do like the Extricom Equipment, and i believe this does cope alot better with regards to VOIP but saying that i have seen schools use VOIP on Ruckus Kit.

    Oh and with regards to AP's when we was looking at a new Wireless System Meru said we needed like 40+ AP's when Ruckus (Net-Ctrl) came in they cut us down to 22 AP's! and that is with the field covered also!

    But yeah i wont knock Extricom it is very good and tell me if i am wrong, but the only reason i would say look at extricom if you are looking at using at VOIP very heavily! if like most schools you just need a very stable and smart wireless system with some VOIP RUCKUS is the way!

    James.

  12. 2 Thanks to EduTech:

    Aggy (13th November 2009), MarkPower (13th November 2009)

  13. #25
    Hollie1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    115
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Agree with you there Hollie, Extricom is a superb system which we have supplied to many customers , mainly into the healthcare sector , The only thing I would say about this solution is the cost is not as beneficial as the Ruckus or Meru solutions.
    Yep Healthcare need reliable robust wireless hence why they go for Extricom, it works!

    We think Extricom are a forward thinking company and this is great for Schools that want to be innovative and are planning ahead 12 months ready for the new and exciting things coming out for education/learning it is worth the investment paying for something that works and it works well

  14. #26
    wesleyw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Kingswinford
    Posts
    2,207
    Thank Post
    225
    Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Yeah but James your field is only the size of a postage stamp We use Aruba here but are looking carefully at Ruckus. My issue with Extricom is the AP's need to be directly connected to the controller and in some cases this just isn't cost effective With Aruba, Ruckus, Meru you just plug the AP into any network point and it'll just work with Extricom I would have needed 3 or 4 controllers across the site which would cost significantly more sadly.


    Wes

  15. #27

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,062
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 920 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Yeah but James your field is only the size of a postage stamp We use Aruba here but are looking carefully at Ruckus. My issue with Extricom is the AP's need to be directly connected to the controller and in some cases this just isn't cost effective With Aruba, Ruckus, Meru you just plug the AP into any network point and it'll just work with Extricom I would have needed 3 or 4 controllers across the site which would cost significantly more sadly.


    Wes
    Agree, Yes the fact the AP's have to be connected back to the controller is a pain! which is why it is probably better it is a new building lol!

    Just because our site is not as big as yours! SHOW OFF!

    James.

  16. #28
    Hollie1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    115
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    27
    [QUOTE=EduTech;410928]I Must admit if do like the Extricom Equipment, and i believe this does cope alot better with regards to VOIP but saying that i have seen schools use VOIP on Ruckus Kit.

    Yeah VOIP/OCS unified comms then Extricom will work well. School networks are more complex, they need wireless to work, it's the one sector where everyone needs to log on all at the same time. You want to guarentee 30 laptops working and at the speeds -You get what you pay for an I don't think cheapest is always best

  17. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    51
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Interestingly, noone actually seems to have anything bad to say about Meru though, which is promising.

    My supplier has just offered me a cracking deal on it, so they may be the way to go.

    I don't like the controller problems with Extricom, seems a bit achaic. In any case, I'll catch up with the Ruckus guys today (missed a few calls) and see what price I'm looking at then take it from there.

  18. #30

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,056
    Thank Post
    1,400
    Thanked 648 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by hagridsbeard View Post
    Interestingly, noone actually seems to have anything bad to say about Meru though, which is promising.

    My supplier has just offered me a cracking deal on it, so they may be the way to go.

    I don't like the controller problems with Extricom, seems a bit achaic. In any case, I'll catch up with the Ruckus guys today (missed a few calls) and see what price I'm looking at then take it from there.
    would be interested to hear what deal your Meru guy is doing you fella was We are partnered with Meru also Im sure we can save you some money there also, if you would like to pm me your details I will get in touch shortly,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who has Ruckus ??
    By jamin100 in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 20th October 2010, 04:07 PM
  2. Ruckus Managed Wireless Causing A Ruckus!
    By CPLTD in forum Our Advertisers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st August 2009, 09:25 AM
  3. Ruckus
    By nicholab in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th December 2008, 10:38 AM
  4. ADM for WLANs
    By contink in forum Windows
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th December 2008, 05:24 PM
  5. Securing WLANs with PEAP and passwords
    By ajbritton in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st July 2007, 02:48 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •