+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wireless Networks Thread, Wireless Meshing in Technical; Hello, After receiving a quote on Ruckus this is slightly out of our price range for the amount of points ...
    Thank Post

Wireless Meshing

Hello,

After receiving a quote on Ruckus this is slightly out of our price range for the amount of points we need to cover our school.

We need something ideally without a controller as our network layout isn't ideal - can anyone suggest any MESHING systems where one AP can act as the master?

Cheers,

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    whats your price range and how many APs do you need?

Thank Post
    I don't particularly want to say my budget but we're after 20-25 access points.

If this helps 22.5k was too much :-)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhyte85 View Post
    Hello,

After receiving a quote on Ruckus this is slightly out of our price range for the amount of points we need to cover our school.

We need something ideally without a controller as our network layout isn't ideal - can anyone suggest any MESHING systems where one AP can act as the master?

Cheers,
    would you like a comparison quote as we are the cheapest in the UK for Ruckus Wireless

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

sounds like quite alot of money for 20-25 access points fella, especially as Ruckus are running a buy one get one free promotion at the moment, be sure to give us a try fella

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    would you like a comparison quote as we are the cheapest in the UK for Ruckus Wireless
    I can vouch for them!

And no, I have no affiliation with them, just recommending a very good supplier!

7. Thanks to KWestos from:

CPLTD (12th November 2009)

hil
    Thank Post
    Try arubanetworks Thats what we are using.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hil View Post
    Try arubanetworks Thats what we are using.
    I was speaking to an Aruba reseller the other day, in the last few days they've started including meshing in the standard package instead of charging for it. Make sure you get some quotes, Aruba do good education discounts and their APs are much cheaper if you buy in quantity (we asked for pricing for 25 and got quoted about half the indivisual pricing).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It was great speaking with you fella and glad we can offer you a more competitive quotation

Thank Post

Was that just for equipment?! Ouch.

12. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Was that just for equipment?! Ouch.
    Dont worry fella I have looked after him , no above list prices here lol

Thank Post
    I hate to say it as I try to be as seller neutral as possible as I'm spending government money & think I should give everyone a fair shot... but Simon today has gone out of his way to get me in a position to order, has knocked a fifth off of the prev quote and given me sound technical advice and calmed my shaky nerves when I'm about to be spending a huge amount of money (at least it is to our school).

As anyone who is from sales knows who is in contact with me... I'm not a great fan of being on the phone but he kept it concise & wasn't pushing me asking about the order and told me what I needed to know. He has given me a contact for a school and the chap wasn't selling Simon, he was telling me how it all worked - it's very difficult ordering a managed wireless system when you've not had the opportunity to use it... and being told by someone who was in a similar position with the opportunity to get more info for me this is priceless.

The bonus being it's going to be pre-configured so I can roll-out immediately... dumbfounded how far out of his way he's gone today.

I'm not saying this to get a thank from Simon or anyone else... if anyone reads my posts they can probably guess i'm a bit of a whinger, quick to complain not so quick to compliment - credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by dwhyte85; 12th November 2009 at 09:22 PM.

15. Thanks to dwhyte85 from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I hate to say it as I try to be as seller neutral as possible as I'm spending government money & think I should give everyone a fair shot... but Simon today has gone out of his way to get me in a position to order, has knocked a fifth off of the prev quote and given me sound technical advice and calmed my shaky nerves when I'm about to be spending a huge amount of money (at least it is to our school).

As anyone who is from sales knows who is in contact with me... I'm not a great fan of being on the phone but he kept it concise & wasn't pushing me asking about the order and told me what I needed to know. He has given me a contact for a school and the chap wasn't selling Simon, he was telling me how it all worked - it's very difficult ordering a managed wireless system when you've not had the opportunity to use it... and being told by someone who was in a similar position with the opportunity to get more info for me this is priceless.

The bonus being it's going to be pre-configured so I can roll-out immediately... dumbfounded how far out of his way he's gone today.

I'm not saying this to get a thank from Simon or anyone else... if anyone reads my posts they can probably guess i'm a bit of a whinger, quick to complain not so quick to compliment - credit where credit is due.
    many thanks for your kind words fella , its truly what makes it worth while,

Thank Post

It sounds as if you have made up your mind - you will NOT be disappointed. In fact, after installation, you will wonder what all the fuss was about!

18. Thanks to KWestos from:

Thank Post
    Haha, I wanted it before... I just didn't know it was reachable in terms of budget - I had today only to get this done as I need to go to the business manager with quotes tomorrow AM to get this moving ASAP. So thankyou both - saved me alot of worry going into tomorrow.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast