+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Impero Problems in Technical; Anyone use this? having some problems It seems any website that we added to the blocked list or stuff that ...
    Thank Post

Impero Problems

Anyone use this?

having some problems

It seems any website that we added to the blocked list or stuff that is already there is not getting blocked by impero

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance

Also what other program like this is out?
    We will need to buy something else next year, oly had licence for two years i believe

Thank Post
    Hi

What version of IE are you using? Its worth checking the GP Add-on settings for the workstations, as, I seem to remember something where we had to allow the Impero add-on to run. I didn't deal with this personally, so my memory of what settings to use is a little sketchy.

Not much help, but might point you in the right direction.

Maria

Thank Post
    thanks

we are using ie8

i'll have a look at the addons, see if there are any from impero

I do believe there isnt any addons through, but i'll have a look

could be be something stupid like having impero preinstalled from my xp wim image?

Thank Post
    We have included Impero in our images (Ghost) without problems. We are also using IE8 too and have not seen the problem you describe. (We did have some 'issues' though with IE8 InPrivate and ended up disabling this in Group Policy).

Have you looked at the Impero Support forum, or even posted your question there? Their technical team are pretty quick off the mark and monitor their forum closely. They may ask you to create a debug file from one of your clients and email it to them to work out what is going wrong.

There is an Impero Browser plug-in that can cause problems if not enabled properly too. I cannot remember the details but you will find a thread on the Impero forum.

An afterthought.... have you checked for any errors in your event logs on the client? sometimes AV products can interfere with Impero operations too....

5. Thanks to broc from:

linkazoid (19th October 2009)

Thank Post
    Yer tried to look at the forum sereral times, signed up to it, but noone activates the account, so I cannot look at the forum, which is a real pain

intresting v3 will be out soon, wonder if we get a free upgrade to that, hopefully that will sort the problem, when this is released i'll start impero from scratch, uninstall all the server and console viewers and install clean

cant uninstall the clients, too many laptops and computers to go around (wish they use msi installers for easy deployment)
    Last edited by pritchardavid; 19th October 2009 at 01:03 AM.

Thank Post
    I believe the V3 upgrade is free to existing customers who have a maintenance agreement, but there are no firm dates for availability as far as I am aware. You would need to check with Impero for your eligibility.... If you don't have a contract, be prepared to negotiate on price

As a matter of interest, there is a file called ImperoMsiPrep.exe in the Program files\ImperoSoftware\Impero folder on the server, I have not tried this so I have no idea how/if it works...

Back to your problem; You need to chase up your access to the Impero forum, it would be a great help....

Try creating a debug log for one of your clients, this will tell you which if any policies are in force.... right click on a user and navigate to admin tools>save debug information. This will save a file on the remote pc c: drive

Check that you don't have browser helper objects (BHO) disabled in group policy as this will prevent the ImperoBHO.dll from loading.

Make sure your rules are 'clean'... download & run the rule repair utility from

http://www.imperosoftware.com/files/...lockPolicy.exe

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    We are also using IE8 too and have not seen the problem you describe. (We did have some 'issues' though with IE8 InPrivate and ended up disabling this in Group Policy).
    Many Thanks for this Broc.. I read this when you posted it and it's just been brought to my attention by an ICT Teacher who noticed that some of the kids found this out, Maybe it was your post.... lol I've disable it now it GP... Works Great

(Rep and thanks Added).

Michael

9. Thanks to linkazoid from:

broc (19th October 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post

Check that you don't have browser helper objects (BHO) disabled in group policy as this will prevent the ImperoBHO.dll from loading.
    Thats what I meant, not Add-ons sorry.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread