+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Riprep in Technical; I am using RIS to deploy xpsp2 machines. I have created an XP image using the Rissetup on a 2003 ...

Thank Post

Riprep

I am using RIS to deploy xpsp2 machines. I have created an XP image using the Rissetup on a 2003 server. I can install the image and everything works okay. However when I attempt to use Riprep to copy the image onto another machine of exactly the same hardware specification, setup gets to a certain point and asks for a number of files. The first file it asks for is C_20127.nls and then it asks for a number of font files. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Have reinstalled the xp image on the server and tried different combination of drivers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Riprep

You use RIPPREP to copy the image to a client? Are you doing this right? I suggest you read our (very) extensive RIS section to be found here:
    http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?nam...viewtopic&t=54

Thank Post

Okay I use Ris to create the initial installation on PC; install drivers etc then use riprep to copy the imaged pc back to the server.

Select the imaged pc from the installation list. Imaged Pc copies image and restarts. After restart does not continue and asks for C_20127.nls plus a load of other font files.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries

DId you create a 'CD' image initially? i.e did you go to the server and use the 'Add image' function? What may be happening is that the XP setup is expecting some files found only on the CD as RIS uses file scavenging and does not take all of the image files from one single location.

Thank Post

Added the initial XP image via the Remote Installation Service Setup Wizard in 2003 Server

Thank Post

Is this an HP/Compaq machine by chance?

I had a similar issue once when I used nlite - got it all working by physically copying the file into the i386 folder

This may be what you need to do on the RIS server - copy the file into the existing XP image folder first

Thank Post

Don't know if you sorted this this but i found somewhere on this forum (RIS Sticky maybe in the how to section) that you may need to disable the floppy controller in the bios, if copying over the image from the server to a machine. I also found that if the floppy drive is set to 1.44 and is not present it will stall the setup. You may need to set this to none as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread