+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, IPTV, MsTV and MCE in Technical; Has anyone had any experience with IPTV, Microsoft TV or streaming to MCE, as I thought that this might be ...
    Thank Post

IPTV, MsTV and MCE

Has anyone had any experience with IPTV, Microsoft TV or streaming to MCE, as I thought that this might be a good idea - replace all of those libraries of videos and dvds and stream them!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: IPTV, MsTV and MCE

There have been a few discussions about digital libraries for aging video collections ... have a search on the forum search for streaming, video, era and pvs ....

The usual caveats are about copyright and Quality of Service. Have a read through past threads and then come back and ask a few more questions if they don't cover everything you want to know.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

VLC has good streaming capabilities.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

I'm one from the past, should really digg that thread out again and update it. But fire away as I was one that had a 2/3 page thread on it.

BTW super fast update - all going not too bad, just lack of time to do it, I need a VCR / caputring system that works at 4X the normal play speed to get it into the PC as im spending days waiting for things to arrive on the PC. The answer may be 3 PCs to be taking the data on to a big central, local NAS box between the 3 of them, and a 4th to edit them on. Copyright issues are not that bad actually! Boulton Hawker films refused our application to put them digitally or to use the DVDs from a central location, which is annoying, but some firms are interested in investigating it with us for future developments in the way of selling a licence for it to be stored digitally in say AVI format. I will update my main thread when I get time.....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Also consider using MythTV. It uses a client/server arcitecture so you can have one server box and many clients.

http://www.mythtv.org/

It can be a pig to setup however there is KnoppMyth which addresses this issue.

http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread