+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Wireless Networks Thread, HP Switches + WiFi in a new 6th form block? in Technical; Hi Simon, I don't really agree with this statement and as I was saying from quotes where we have been ...
    Thank Post
    Hi Simon,

I don't really agree with this statement and as I was saying from quotes where we have been looking at a like for like deployment of a HP solution then price has been comparable. maybe those ruckus resellers had surveyed wrong I don't know who can say. Most of the time it comes down to capacity required rather than signal radius.

But I'm not really looking to get into an argument with a ruckus reseller just answering responding to queries about HP posts listed.

I will take your advice and PM staff here, however was responding to a direct request for a HP reseller to contact another member rather than general advertising of services.

Take Care
    Steve

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCSE View Post
    Hi Simon,

I don't really agree with this statement and as I was saying from quotes where we have been looking at a like for like deployment of a HP solution then price has been comparable. maybe those ruckus resellers had surveyed wrong I don't know who can say. Most of the time it comes down to capacity required rather than signal radius.

But I'm not really looking to get into an argument with a ruckus reseller just answering responding to queries about HP posts listed.

I will take your advice and PM staff here, however was responding to a direct request for a HP reseller to contact another member rather than general advertising of services.

Take Care
    Steve
    LOL Steve, We are also HP resellers and can offer the same solution , this is how we know the price comparison,
    Last edited by CPLTD; 22nd July 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Well what can I say, price has not been an issue where we have been quoting against Ruckus in the past. Maybe your Ruckus pricing is better I don't know.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well what can I say, price has not been an issue where we have been quoting against Ruckus in the past. Maybe your Ruckus pricing is better I don't know.
    apparently so fella , from the feedback we have had we are the cheapest in the UK for Ruckus

p.s we are pretty good on HP pricing also

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    apparently so fella , from the feedback we have had we are the cheapest in the UK for Ruckus

p.s we are pretty good on HP pricing also
    lol not trying to step on your toes bud, just had something to add from the HP point of view.

6. Thanks to SteveCSE from:

CPLTD (22nd July 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol not trying to step on your toes bud, just had something to add from the HP point of view.
    no worries fella, this is a great forum and as a supplier you and I'm sure members here would benefit from your input, just be sure to pm the staff and look into sponsorship fella

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll support Steve here on this too, as he's one of our regular suppliers of HP stuff

Price for HP vs Ruckus for me lately the 2 are neck and neck - it's all down to features, support and capability - and if Ruckus weren't running their deal, HP would be cheaper.

I'll second Simon's comment on sponsorship too - a quick glance on here will show you how many people use the forums for finding suppliers so it could be a boon for CSE to join up

Nice to see more of my regular suppliers turning up on here.

Still not made up our minds though here...
    Last edited by localzuk; 22nd July 2009 at 05:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Price HP vs Ruckus AP for AP isn't the only consideration if the HP AP's dont offer the same kind of coverage and speed untimately you will end up paying more. What also hasnt been said is the Ruckus kit is very very straightforward to setup and manage.
    If CSE is confident in its claims then it will give you some demo kit to run side by side with some ruckus, aruba, meru etc.

10. 2 Thanks to Tallwood_6:

CPLTD (22nd July 2009), SteveCSE (22nd July 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Price HP vs Ruckus AP for AP isn't the only consideration if the HP AP's dont offer the same kind of coverage and speed untimately you will end up paying more. What also hasnt been said is the Ruckus kit is very very straightforward to setup and manage.
    If CSE is confident in its claims then it will give you some demo kit to run side by side with some ruckus, aruba, meru etc.
    Absolutely demo kit can be arranged.

Pricewise it was project cost like for like that I was referring to rather than particular components. We haven't had any issues with range compared to other products and definately Speed isn't an issue. There are other happy HP users that have posted in this forum, it's a well estrablished wireless solution.

Correct planning and implementation also play an important part to the overall sucess of the network.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys have requested info on Sponsorship

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Correct planning and implementation also play an important part to the overall sucess of the network.
    Could not agree more, however ruckus is straight forward and easy to impliment, its so easy! Other brands (such as HP, meru, aruba etc) you have to set up the APs individually, where as the zone director does the work for the ruckus!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Could not agree more, however ruckus is straight forward and easy to impliment, its so easy! Other brands (such as HP, meru, aruba etc) you have to set up the APs individually, where as the zone director does the work for the ruckus!
    No you don't! Nearly ALL manufacturers have managed solutions where all you do is plug APs in (as I currently do with our HP wireless edge service module - and very happy I am with it too!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I happily stand corrected, however the kits that were shown to us as "managed solutions" involved us manually setting each AP. And that was solutions from the afore mentioned companies.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I happily stand corrected, however the kits that were shown to us as "managed solutions" involved us manually setting each AP. And that was solutions from the afore mentioned companies.
    As far as I'm aware, the HP (colubris stuff) is now plug and play. ie. you configure the switch, plug in an AP and you're pretty much done (other than, from what I've been told, putting it into a group on the system).

Thank Post
    When i say the Ruckus is very very easy to setup i mean the inital setup takes about 5 minutes and the interface is very user friendly and far from intimidating for those with a limited skill set. I did trial out other solutions before hand aruba in particular i had for a month and yes once all setup it is plug and play on the AP front but config took much longer and want nearly as user friendly.
    This is something worth bareing in mind if like me you have a couple of other techs that are using the interface as time is money.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast