+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Motorola Wireless in Technical; I've had a quote for a Motorola Wireless Solution, that is extremely competative. I'm very close to ordering it. Does ...
    Thank Post

Motorola Wireless

I've had a quote for a Motorola Wireless Solution, that is extremely competative. I'm very close to ordering it. Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't go with them?

I've looked at many other solutions, so please don't just say look at Aruba, Xirrus, Extricom, Maru, Trapeze, Cisco, HP, Netgear, Dell cause I already have .
    I'm looking for a reason not to go for Motorola, Thanks.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Westfield_Techie View Post
    I've had a quote for a Motorola Wireless Solution, that is extremely competative. I'm very close to ordering it. Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't go with them?

I've looked at many other solutions, so please don't just say look at Aruba, Xirrus, Extricom, Maru, Trapeze, Cisco, HP, Netgear, Dell cause I already have .
    I'm looking for a reason not to go for Motorola, Thanks.
    One word then RUCKUS Wireless, this will not only save you money against Motorola but will out perform also,
    If you would like more info or even a eval unit to try out and see the benefits be sure to give me a shout,
    There is plenty of great feedback on Ruckus and CPLTD as a supplier on these forums,
    Last edited by CPLTD; 14th July 2009 at 03:53 PM.

Thank Post
    I know I'm probably running the risk of being the first reply and also not answering the question you asked.... but I'm in a very similar position to you - and would be interested in what Motorola offer you that the other solutions don't?

I've had a look / demo of most of the others you mentioned, but not Motorola.... is there something they do that makes them stand out above the others? Or are they just cheaper while offering most of the same kind of service?

Thank Post
    The motorola Solution has a number advantages over some of the competitors, being :-

When you buy the product you get all the licenses, you don't need to purchase the ring master (guest access) seperately, you don't need to buy a license for VOIP (you tick a box).

A Second (backup) controller is considerably less that the primary controller as you don't need to purchase the licenses on the backup one as when it is used the primary controller has fallen over so it uses those licenses.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ruckus is the main thing people use here. Infact if it werent for the people here, my school would never have bought it. I spoke to about 15 different schools before making the decision, and I have not looked back. EVERYONE says the same thing, plug in the box, set up your wireless, plug in your AP's and away you go. Dont even need to change channels or anything for them as it does the job for you! Speak with Simon at CP for a good deal on any wireless before going ahead with anything is my personal suggestion.

6. Thanks to featured_spectre from:

CPLTD (14th July 2009)

Thank Post
    Hmm! Sounds like something well worth investigating!
    Have you been dealing with Motorola themselves, or a reseller?

Thank Post
    I've been dealing with a reseller, they have been really good in giving me information about this and other Wireless solutions.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread