+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Exchange question in Technical; I've just set up my first exchange server. Great, it looks good, then I thought to myself, if it's running ...
    Thank Post

Exchange question

I've just set up my first exchange server. Great, it looks good, then I thought to myself, if it's running on a server in the curric network, that has the AD from the curric domain controller, would it be possible to assign the admin network users an exchange mailbox.

At the moment I think not because they are in 2 seperate domains, both with their own AD, but i'm hoping someone here can prove me wrong and tell me how to set this up.

Thank Post

Re: Exchange question

You can m8, but they will have to use OWA - outlook web access.

They will authenticate to your exchange server by putting the domain before their uid

e.g.

domainname\user1
    password

They can then send receive emails.

To get full functionality you would need to setup a trust between the 2 networks, or at least open a few ports.

I have same issue and RBC will not entertain flattenin of the 2 networks, or setting upa trust etc, they opend port 80 and thats it

Thank Post

there is a trust between the 2 networks, but I think it's from the curric to the admin so the teachers could access sims, or something like that.

I've spoken to an old friend of mine, he suggested creating an OU in the curric AD and create user accounts with the same user names and passwords as they have in the admin domain to create the mailboxes.

Then if I add a network card in the exchange server with an admin IP address will I be able to connect to the exchange server from the admin network and use the mailboxes created for the new user accounts?

Thank Post

Thanks for the advice, I put a third network card in the exchange server and configured it for the Admin domain, just tried setting up Outlook for Exchange on both a curric and admin PC, it worked a treat, now I just have to make sure everyone has a backup of their e-mails before I go live during the summer hols.

Please don't go wrong, let everything run as smoothly as butter off a hot knife.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread