+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Wireless Networks Thread, Which Wireless?? in Technical; Remember your sources people - 3 new members in one day extolling the virtues of one product with muchos marketing ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 758 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Remember your sources people - 3 new members in one day extolling the virtues of one product with muchos marketing hablos.....

Not impressed

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Remember your sources people - 3 new members in one day extolling the virtues of one product with muchos marketing hablos.....

Not impressed
    That is pretty funny. I'm not affiliated with them what so ever, trust me I wish I would get paid for talking about a company. I saw all your posts about how great you believe Ruckus is, so I decided to throw my 2 cents in there and talk about my success with Xirrus.

Sorry if there's such thing as COINCIDENCE. I can't not speak for others but I joined to gain information and to give information.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post

Not impressed
    Be nice

its just another opinion and another product for people to look into.

You gonna need 3 quotes anyway might as well look at 3 or more different solutions/products as well

ask for some demo equipment for a month or so and try it (most company's will do this)

mark
    Last edited by markcuk; 7th May 2009 at 02:52 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 758 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You have to remember we get a lot of spam/product pushing on here- but it's good to see you're not just doing that :-)

If you've a solution that makes you as happy as I am by ruckus then good one

Thank Post
    No harm done, i totally understand! I do agree that potential customers should check out different vendors before deciding on who to go with.

Speaking of which, has anyone dealt with Bel Air? I was at an educational tradeshow a while back when I had no idea what wi-fi vendor we wanted to go with. I was at the Xirrus booth asking a few questions about covering the outside of the facility, and the Bel Air guys are at the Xirrus booth trying to steal me away as a customer. Very unprofessional, I don't think any competitors have the right to stand at another company's booth to try to defer potential clients. Sad to say Bel Air wasn't even on my Wi-Fi vendor raidar.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    that said, whilst waiting for budget, we had xirrus out today, did a full site survey, 7 points would be needed in our place, whereas we would need 10 with ruckus, and 37 with Cisco!

As for cost, we dont know yet, however Ruckus is looking like the most effective means.

Thank Post
    Well i cant speak for Xirrus but we are currently trialling ruckus and so far i'm very impressed, setup the controller and clients in a matter of minutes, coverage is speed seems very good as well. We had some aruba kit in for trial as well over the last couple of weeks, a very powerful solution in terms of what it could do but requires more time in initial setup, coverage and speed was better than are existing HP fat AP'S but is not looking as good as Ruckus. Pricing for the Ruckus also looks far more competative than anything else i've looked at thus far.

Thank Post
    Thats sounds good. Do you mind me asking how many clients and AP's? I have several scenarios I am looking at right now. And 2 other things - are all devices on a single channel? and what happens in terms of redundancy when the controller is unplugged?
    I have a client of mine who could be looking at a critical availability on wireless.......although if your parting with money for something, you always want availability

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Well i cant speak for Xirrus but we are currently trialling ruckus and so far i'm very impressed, setup the controller and clients in a matter of minutes, coverage is speed seems very good as well. We had some aruba kit in for trial as well over the last couple of weeks, a very powerful solution in terms of what it could do but requires more time in initial setup, coverage and speed was better than are existing HP fat AP'S but is not looking as good as Ruckus. Pricing for the Ruckus also looks far more competative than anything else i've looked at thus far.
    be sure to give us a shout for a comparison Ruckus Quote as we are very competitive against other Ruckus Resellers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123