+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wireless Networks Thread, Citrix/Thin client in Technical; I am looking at moving into thin clients and possibly Citrix. Can anyone please let me have the name of ...
    Thank Post

Citrix/Thin client

I am looking at moving into thin clients and possibly Citrix. Can anyone please let me have the name of reputable suppliers who have good knowledge. Also, the reason I mention Citrix is that this is the only format I've used in the past. So if anyone can persuade me to look at alternatives, then please, fire away!

Many thanks

Thank Post
    All our thin clients have been purchased through Axess Systems, who seem to be experts in this field. They have helped us numerous times. They have also sold us our citrix solution.

They have great technical support and are always willing to help

Call our account manager who is Will Lingard on 01773 882602 who will sort you out

Dan

3. Thanks to DanW from:

KWestos (26th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KWestos View Post
    Can anyone please let me have the name of reputable suppliers who have good knowledge.
    The Cutter Project - user Linescanner on this forum.

I'm still waiting for NComputing to deliver their Linux software ("2 to 3 weeks" it should be ready in...) so we can get their new X550 card working in our language lab - we plan to have one standard Dell desktop run 6 workstations, and according to NComputing up to 11 is just fine, too. We aim to use Edubuntu Linux as it'll be cheaper, but we do also run a Windows Server 2003 machine in our staffroom which is working reasonably well (seems to have issues with USB port assignments) and runs 4 workstations from one standard desktop PC. We hope to get some small banks of computers (half a dozen or so workstations each) into classrooms, and one advantage of NComputing's equipment is that it only requires 1 network connection for the "server" machine and single power connections for each screen, you don't have to power or network the thin client terminals.

--
    David Hicks

coquet636
    Sorry to hijack this thread but i thought i had read about an opensource software that does thin client hosting like citrix.

Does anyone know the name or where to find it..

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Try S4B (they do Citrix solutions and flexible hosting) they have done a good job down at Christ's Hospital.

Tel 08707709722 Ask for Kate She does the sales thing for them.

Hope this Helps Ed

Thank Post
    Axel sponsor the 'Thin Client Forum' on Edugeek, and have supplied thin clients to many Edugeek users. We are a manufacturer that supply direct to schools at special educational pricing.

If you do an Edugeek search on "Axel" you will find many positive references and details on our unique operating system-less technology. We support Citrix and Terminal Services.

If we can supply a couple of 'no strings' demo terminals please let us know...

AXEL: request a demo unit from Axel Ltd.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coquet636 View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread but i thought i had read about an opensource software that does thin client hosting like citrix.
    The Linux Terminal Services Project, or LTSP. It comes built in to Edubuntu - we installed the latest version over half term and it works perfectly. We have one server handling 18 clients with power to spare. Just download the disk image and install.

--
    David Hicks

9. Thanks to dhicks from:

Thank Post
    We used a company called Novus Networks, very good sales and excellent support. We had HP Blade chassis with 6 blades + 75 HP thin client devices installed last year as a kind of pilot. Works so well we hope to roll more out this year. Havn't got contact details to hand but can PM to you if you like?

Thank Post
    Hi

We have a very efficient network of thin clients and we also use Citrix. We deal with a company called Precedence Technologies who have continously provided us with an excellent service throughout the time we have been with them.

I would be happy to recommend them to you and am sure they would be able to help.

Their contact number is 08456446800,

Thanks

12. Thanks to W00dlm3dd from:

KWestos (27th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Codestone have been brilliant at Citrix support and hardware provision for me... Codestone Business Software | SAP Business One

I've got contacts at the Poole office - their phone number is: 01202 241124

Citrix info on their site at:
    Citrix Systems | Citrix Reseller | Citrix Gold Partner

They're a Gold partner with Citrix

Thank Post
    Andy at Cutter (Linescanner) should be able to talk you through several alternatives (including Citrix XenApp and Sun Ray/SGD).

I've invested heavily in XenApp but if I was starting again I would SERIOUSLY be considering using Sun Rays... in fact I'm considering adding Sun Ray devices as Citrix clients to reduce costs and improve manageability!

15. Thanks to Ric_ from:

KWestos (27th February 2009)

Thank Post
    We use Novus Networks at Novus Group

Their technical guys are good and very helpful.

Yes I agree with Ric about the cost of Citrix, although there is a rumour that they may be looking at Education charging. But I'm not holding my breath.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    We use Novus Networks at Novus Group

Their technical guys are good and very helpful.
    I've used Novus in the past too... they do know what they are talking about.

Yes I agree with Ric about the cost of Citrix, although there is a rumour that they may be looking at Education charging. But I'm not holding my breath.
    If they didn't charge you, I'd keep quiet Seriously... education price for XenApp isn't toooooo bad.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W00dlm3dd View Post
    Hi

We have a very efficient network of thin clients and we also use Citrix. We deal with a company called Precedence Technologies who have continously provided us with an excellent service throughout the time we have been with them.

I would be happy to recommend them to you and am sure they would be able to help.

Thanks
    We have used Precedence for about 8 Years and now run a network with nearly 800 clients and 20 Citrix servers all of which can be managed remotely. The vast majority of clients are TCX boxes - a Precedence Product - which allows total flexibility on configuration and usage. There are some PCs which are also 'managed' through the Thin Client System.

Very Highly recommended.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W00dlm3dd View Post
    Hi

Thanks
    I agree with this too. We've used Precedence for nearly 2 years now at Manor CC and they've been absolutely brilliant on all fronts. I'd highly recommend them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast