+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Asus Eee PC's on trapeze wireless in Technical; Good morning, I have about 50 Asus Eee pcís I would like to logon to our wireless network just to ...

Thank Post

Asus Eee PC's on trapeze wireless

Good morning,

I have about 50 Asus Eee pcís I would like to logon to our wireless network just to access the internet. We have Ringmaster 7 and I have created a MAC access rule 00:15:af:* and set authentication against the LOCAL group on the MX. Then under the LOCAL user database I have created a MAC address user called the same 00:15:af:* which is then able to access our curriculum VLAN. Under wireless services I have created a new SSID for the ee pcís. This is where Iím stuck because It wants me to put authentication on so I put on WPA with a pre-shared key, but I wonít the ee pcís to just logon to the wireless authenticating by the MAC address without me typing in a network key on each one. I have got a new distro of the Xandros Linux which should arrive today because when I look for a wireless network It finds one for each aerial not just individual SSIDís. So any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Thank Post
    I've taken the asus eee pc home and updated the wireless driver (because it would not download through the schools proxy) and funnily enough the update was titled WPA and WPA 2 network fix. So when I brought it back to work it connected if a little slowly to the wireless. Unfortuantly because I'd taken an eee pc that hadn't had the image prerequisites run prior to me updating it the RM engineer thats meant to be doing all this couldn't make an image to copy onto the rest so he's taken two away to do the former.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread