+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Any ISA Server experts? in Technical; Im not too bad at configuring it but Im getting myself confused over what I need to do here. We've ...

Thank Post

Any ISA Server experts?

Im not too bad at configuring it but Im getting myself confused over what I need to do here.

We've just had an Aruba wireless system installed, and we purchased one licence for a remote AP, so the theory is, you plug it in at home, and can access the school network seamlessly

Already we've hit a slight snag in that we're on a WAN, so I've got a public address translated to one of our WAN addresses. The final step though is to translate that WAN address to our internal address of our controller, 172.16.1.15

I assume, though I havent tried this yet, that traffic will hit our internet firewall looking for the WAN address (confusingly this is also in a 172 range, though with a /24 subnet)

So how, in ISA server 2004, do I set up a rule/route to forward anything received from that address, to our Aruba controller internally?
    I could try and guess but as the only place I can try and connect is from home, its going to get a bit tedious going back and forth, so I would rather set it up 'properly' and then work out the snags after that

Any help is appreciated

bio
    Thank Post
    To my simple knowledge you need to configure a listener on the external (WAN) interface. So a public adres with a port number to which the home clients are conneting. Then create a server publishing rule that uses the listener and redirects to ip 172.16.1.15.
    I asume in this scenario that the external ip of the isa is an public ip adres...

regards
    bio

Thank Post
    thanks for that, will have a look, at least now I know the bits to look for!

no its not a public address, the public address is translated into a private (for the WAN) one by Atomwide. Its an annoying setup but theres nothing I can do about it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread