+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wireless Networks Thread, AD User account problems!!! in Technical; Are your DC's replicating properly? When you disable her account force replication and see if she can get in again....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are your DC's replicating properly?
    When you disable her account force replication and see if she can get in again.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlona View Post
    ran a gpupdate /force pc restarted but again group policy hasn't been applied to her AD account!!!

But whats more upsetting is she can see all the servers and doesn't even ask for a administrator or password to access them!!!
    What does it say in the event log after you've run gpupdate - you should get a message saying the group policy was applied successfully. If that's not there then GP hasn't applied (the reboot would be caused by the machine bit of group policy but you seem to have a fault with the user part).

Have you run a gpresult? What results does it give? Is it listing the GPO that should be preventing access to the C: drive?

When you say she can see the servers, what do you mean? Just browsing network neighbourhood? If so, this is exactly what should happen unless there's a group policy to block it (and it does look as if GP is not applying properly - you've not yet said whether it is or isn't).

I also don't understand what you mean about asking for a password - if I type "\\server" into explorer I'd expect to see a list of share names with no prompt for a password. I'd only get prompted for a password if I tried to connect to a share to which I shouldn't have access - is this what you're seeing?

If you check the properties of the user, what groups is she in? - Check each group in case somehow a group has moved into administrators or similar "powerful" group.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12