Wireless Networks Thread, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified in Technical; I created a rule in ISA Server 2004 to allow access to an MSDE instance on a win server 2003. ...
23rd September 2008, 10:37 PM #1
13th March 2009, 04:13 AM #2
- Rep Power
SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified
visit: Share experience between developer: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified
Error when connecting to SQL server:
Below are steps may try to help:
1) Make sure your server name is correct, e.g., no typo on the name.
2) Make sure your instance name is correct and there is actually such an instance on your target machine. [Update: Some application converts \\ to \. If you are not sure about your application, please try both Server\Instance and Server\\Instance in your connection string]
3) Make sure the server machine is reachable, e.g, DNS can be resolve correctly, you are able to ping the server (not always true).
4) Make sure SQL Browser service is running on the server.
5) If firewall is enabled on the server, you need to put sqlbrowser.exe and/or UDP port 1434 into exception.
Visit Url: Share experience between developer
13th March 2009, 06:58 AM #3
as per the question he tried 1433 ( unless that was a typo ) other then that would be good to see if any of the above helps
Originally Posted by bala4901
Thanks to mac_shinobi from:
13th March 2009, 10:28 AM #4
- Rep Power
A couple come to mind, have you tried the surface area config for remote connections and also under the security logins for your SQL SVR in management studio put in <DOMAIN>\<SERVER NAME>$ and given rights? (replacing the <> with your settings)
Originally Posted by Strotzyl
14th March 2009, 02:46 PM #5
- Rep Power
I am pretty sure that I tried that, but I will check on Monday. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Drax
By webman in forum Hardware
Last Post: 12th September 2008, 11:15 AM
By KWestos in forum Windows
Last Post: 2nd September 2008, 09:49 PM
By cookie_monster in forum Windows
Last Post: 15th July 2008, 11:51 AM
By TechSupp in forum Wireless Networks
Last Post: 19th March 2008, 10:52 AM
Last Post: 2nd October 2007, 08:25 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread