+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Google Re-Index? in Technical; Is there any way to get Google to re-spider a website? We've just completely changed ours but all the Google ...
    Thank Post

Google Re-Index?

Is there any way to get Google to re-spider a website?

We've just completely changed ours but all the Google links are pointing to the old one e.g.

redbridge institute contact - Google Search

The first result has the sub links but they're all wrong

Thank Post
    Google have a service for developers or individuals like yourself within the site.

Just login and browse, its in there somewhere.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Speeking of Google...

I friend of mine brought this up a little while back, have they invented a time machine without telling anyone?

Case in point - Search for anything, at random, however complex the query, how quick does it come back with the result? 0.17sec? 789,000,000 results in 0.17 sec! And not just for me but for the millions of people who all pushed the search button at the same time as me.

I put it to you that google cache your query, travel back in time, run the query and then display the result so that to you it looks like it too only 0.17 sec?

If you don't believe me try it for yourself. Think of the most complex google query imaginable. You'll get millions of results in a time impossible to search through that many records!

Thank Post
    How is it impossible?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Speeking of Google...

I friend of mine brought this up a little while back, have they invented a time machine without telling anyone?

Case in point - Search for anything, at random, however complex the query, how quick does it come back with the result? 0.17sec? 789,000,000 results in 0.17 sec! And not just for me but for the millions of people who all pushed the search button at the same time as me.

I put it to you that google cache your query, travel back in time, run the query and then display the result so that to you it looks like it too only 0.17 sec?

If you don't believe me try it for yourself. Think of the most complex google query imaginable. You'll get millions of results in a time impossible to search through that many records!
    When you see how big Googles data-centres are, you'll soon understand why its so fast.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    800 million results for say half a million people, thats what 400,000,000,000,000 results in 0.17sec, every 0.17sec. Of course logically they have a very powerful cluster setup and it's not impossible - but still, if 1 million people hit search at the same time and all got 800 million results then that figure doubles to 800,000,000,000,000 result in 0.17sec. I tell you time travel, they've invented it and kept it quiet! (or quantum computing and kept it quiet).

Thank Post
    Google have 41 datacentres spanning the globe, the likelyhood of all those users hitting the same datacentre is unlikely.

Added your query, surely if everyone asks for the same information the search query is cached, thus the same information comes back.

They spent $2.7billion in 2007 alone on Data Centers, they mean business, serious business. Their main US datacenter is fed via hydro-power as its consumption completly drains its local grid.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread