+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, HP Wireless in Technical; OK- we have just installed a wireless edge services module into our HP 5406zl core switch and bought some HP ...

Thank Post

HP Wireless

OK- we have just installed a wireless edge services module into our HP 5406zl core switch and bought some HP Procurve 210 Radio points. Now all the documentation says plug the module in, do a few simple configs, plug radio points in and the edge module should adopt them.

Needless to say this is not working at all - they just stay in unadopted mode.

Does anyone have any experience of these bits or any bright ideas? I have read so much stuff and nothing works!

Help please??!

Thank Post
    are you plugging them into the same switch as the module to test? If not you need to provide the vlan for config to the other switches, it uses 2100 by default.

Thank Post
    Had this exact same problem today, as I finally got round to installing ours. All the ones connected to the main switch worked, all the others didn't. Added a DNS entry called PROCURVE-WESM pointing to the ip of the WESM and all was fine. This is the default name any new radio port will look for. In theory on the same network they should be able to find it at layer 2 without the need for dns, but ours didn't, and as this worked I didn't bother investigating further.

Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    are you plugging them into the same switch as the module to test? If not you need to provide the vlan for config to the other switches, it uses 2100 by default.
    Thanks - it is plugged into the same switch as the module.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg View Post
    Had this exact same problem today, as I finally got round to installing ours. All the ones connected to the main switch worked, all the others didn't. Added a DNS entry called PROCURVE-WESM pointing to the ip of the WESM and all was fine. This is the default name any new radio port will look for. In theory on the same network they should be able to find it at layer 2 without the need for dns, but ours didn't, and as this worked I didn't bother investigating further.

Steve
    Thanks - ours won't even find the each other in the switch with the WESM installed. I did add a DNS record as I'd seen that could be an issue but to no avail.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread